Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Welcome to the Eternal Match! True Trainermon LIVES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
*ETERNITY*

Pokemon: 2
2x Aerodactyl

Trainers: 53
4x Root Fossil
4x Mysterious Fossil
4x Claw Fossil
2x Recycle
4x Energy Removal
4x Super Energy Removal
4x Item Finder
4x Professor Elm
2x Chaos Gym
1x Lucky Stadium
1x Broken Ground Gym
1x Sprout Tower
2x Lass
3x Trash Exchange
3x Computer Search
4x Mary
2x Multi Technical Machine 01
2x Town Volunteers
2x Focus Band

Energy: 5
5x Fighting Energy

After Nintendo's recent ruling about the Fossils, the idea was brought up of having a maddeningly rogue stall deck involving the trio. I spent most of the evening talking to dkates about this, and aftering digging through a 10 pound binder and three boxes, here's what I've come up with. The idea IS in fact to deck the opponent, and certain things are fairly unfocused *erHEM*, but then, NOTHING using this sort of strategy has been attempted thus far in the TCG. The idea of continuing a near endless supply of cards for your opponent to KO, NO Pokemon, and never drawing ANY prizes is definately a first.

I Look forward to your replies!

Last edited:
:eek: :lol:
One day after the ruling we see this!
Truly creative deck.
I was about to say Mystery Plates but your opponent will NEVER get prizes.
But you forgot Clefairy Dolls. You would think they would fall under the same new ruling but even if they don't have that ruling they belong here.
Also, choose to mulligan a lot until they catch on and stop drawing. That way they will deck sooner. ;)

Hmmm. Nasty.

-1 Multi Technical Machine 01
-1 Focus Band

+2 Aerodactyl (Fossil)

Add Aero. to foil anti-trainer powers like Slowking's Mindgames or Dark Vileplume. Combine with Chaos Gym to avoid the (double) gust.

Even if Clefairy Doll won't let you start the game, you can certainly use it later on. Why not include it?
How about some Mr Fugi to bring some cards back into your deck? Without Pokemon and hardly any energy, you don't have too many ways of doing that. Put a fossil on the bench, attach an energy, a defender, and a Focus Band. Then use a Mr Fugi. Presto, your deck just gained 4 cards.

Eh, only one Clefairy Doll. I didn't have access to a whole lot of cards back when the base set was still out and about in the stores. Any ideas on what to take out/put in concerning the Mr. Fugi?

The decklist now has been changed to include your suggestions Bulbasnore.

This deck looks good but try playing 1 more focus band for stalling and Mr. Fuji to put cards into your deck.Why dont you try playing Erikas Dratini with that cause they would only do 10 damage to you

Those are Pokemon though. The idea here is that opponent NEVER get prizes. I'm hesitant as is running the Aerodactyl.

Mr. Fuji's already been suggested, and again I ask, what would you take out? I already considered Mr. Fuji when I was building the deck, but didn't put it in because of the 60 card limit. It's easier to randomly suggest an idea than it is to make it fit. ;)

wow! amazing!
but does the fossils really count as REAL basic pokemon so you don't get mulligan each time? did nintendo really say that?
maybe some counterattack claws would be useful? and some oak too? with elm "you can't play anymore trainer cards this turn" ..
i don't know what to remove, though ..

Last edited:
I posted a simular deck with a bunch of non pokemon. someone pointed out that Cleffa would hurt... Also Dark Vileplum- I see why you put in Aurodactal, but in a dark P deck, maybe a iggy would be there... and bam... but--a recursion deck like this will nead trash excange and a bunch of engery so you could loop the traners and excange them for engery (hopefully) then get the engery back into your deck with Town Vounters, NGR- and maybe in the start of the game Time Captule? For anti-decking yourself you COULD run gambler... recycle engery + lt surge's secret plan seems like a must in this deck as well the combo of Tickle Machine + Inposter Oak : if they dont have much of a deck left- this will finnish it quickly... dont forget Erica!! and blane's quiz has a 1 in 3 shot of MAKEING Them draw: possibly if your using an evolution you could do the Pokemon Judgement for a 1 in 3 shot of them drawing 3.

Well, if you don't go first against Slowking/Plume, you're SOL it looks like. The odds are little to none that you'll start with a Chaos Gym to offset Plume's Breeder. It works if you go first though, I would think...just watch out for Cleffa. You can't win with then having a Cleffa...infinite hand cycling. It should tear apart anything without Cleffa/Anti-Trainer theme though. Maybe Fossil Moltres might have a place in here...force them to get rid of cards.

One thing that could be really cool about this deck is that you could just keep cycling your hand at the start of the game until you got the perfect setup, that way you don't need to worry about whether or not you start off with that Chaos Gym to stop Dark Vileplume.

As for the deck:

-1 Town Volunteers

+1 Whatever you like (perhaps Mr. Fuji)

Having only 7 cards you can possibly shuffle back, I don't think you need two of these, especially with Item Finder.

Venusaur said:
In that deck you'll have 18 fossils at most after item findering and all that. That's like 18 turns of stalling only.
Hence the Trash Exchange.

Venusaur said:
Isnt it impossible to deck your opponent nowadays. They can just Eeeeeek back in a large hand to make sure you dont deck them. Also Slowking would stop you from playing the fossils.
The aerodactyl should help take care of that.

Hyper Eevee said:
Use some fossil egg and an areodactly ex
....Why?

twutt said:
wow! amazing!
but does the fossils really count as REAL basic pokemon so you don't get mulligan each time? did nintendo really say that?
maybe some counterattack claws would be useful? and some oak too? with elm "you can't play anymore trainer cards this turn" ..
i don't know what to remove, though ..
Jep. And counterattack claws... I'll have to read the text again, but those sound like a VERY good idea right now... And no Oak, the idea is anti-decking. Oak decks, Elm (in most situations with this deck) replenishes.

Well, if you don't go first against Slowking/Plume, you're SOL it looks like. The odds are little to none that you'll start with a Chaos Gym to offset Plume's Breeder. It works if you go first though, I would think...just watch out for Cleffa. You can't win with then having a Cleffa...infinite hand cycling. It should tear apart anything without Cleffa/Anti-Trainer theme though. Maybe Fossil Moltres might have a place in here...force them to get rid of cards.
Yes, Slowking/Plume is a masssive problem. But this is more a frustrating fun deck then anything else. I'm most likely not going to win with this, BUT, I am shooting to make this the best it possibly can.

And fossil Moltres would require fewer trainers, more Pokemon, more energy. Deviates WAY too much from the main theme. (That's a bit of a lame reason, yes, but I'm trying to keep an unbelievably high trainer count here.)

So many EXCELLENT replies! Some pretty good ideas thus far.

While I'm not going to take much time to speak of the deck (it's too rogue to judge! ^^""), I will make one quick comment: since the game has SIX prizes, don't you think you could actually afford to play FIVE really fat, giant Pokemon?

It would still be trainermon, but then you'd be able to stall a little more! Mwahaha. :D

I forgot about the Fossil mulligan ruling...that makes this deck viable against anything. Still, I tech a gym in my 'Plume for odd situations like that...^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back