Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What am I doing wrong?

Hello fellow members of pokegym:
I am a player from the northeast. I have only top cut at a tournament four times, and have never won, but I usually have more wins than losses at tournaments. However, lately, I have been doing very poorly. I have not won a game in the past 12 tournament games I have played. I usually drop from tournaments due to not being able to top cut. I also am not able to playtest very well, due to lack of competitive players that live near me. Now I know many of you will say that I need to playtest more, but I don't think this is completely due to a lack of playtesting, because I used to win many games without much playtesting. I have had the only competitive person from my league look over my deck, and he did not see anything wrong with it. I feel like a lot of this is due to extremely bad luck, but no bad luck could last this long.
I don't post here often, so mods, if this is in the wrong place, please move it.
Please respond if you have any advice for me at all. Thank you.

Post your deck contents and strategy in the Deck Help section and then we can get a little more insight on why. It could be the meta game and not you! Sorry you've been having such bad luck, and I hope it gets better :)

Also, it would be helpful to note what how you've lost: certain deck types, players, etc. Oftentimes, it's not your deck as much as your playing style perhaps (i.e., have you updated your deck strategy given the current game format or might you be encountering lots of VirGen decks at tournaments and you are still running an "older" version of Blastoise, etc.?)

Back