Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What Are Legandary Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muk Man

Okay, Ive been out for a minute but what are the legendary pokemon according to the Video Game and TV Show

Legendary means there are only 1 of that pokemon and or it's lower evolutions
Mew
Mewtwo
articuno
zapdos
moltres
Lugia
Ho-oh
jurachi
celebi
deoxys
entei
raikou
suicine
kyogre
latias
latios
rayquaza...

please let me know if i left some out...and who is the most powerful Legendary Pokemon?

Last edited:
It doesn't mean there is only one of them. In the games, maybe, but in the anime, sometimes there are more. By definition of legendary, you left of Regirock, Regice and Registeel

This isn't TCG news or gossip, though.

I mean by anime definition, if there are more than one wouldn't that make them rare..legendary means only one ....Mew...lugia, the dogs, ect right?...plus there really isnt a forum for my question

None of the legendary Pokémon are dogs. There are birds, cats, a halcyon, a phoenix, golems, lati... things, an orca, a ...groudon, a shenlung, a star, an onion.... thing, and a virus... space thing.

I sense a certain someone will move this to RTC. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Okay...so what makes the legendary pokemon legendary? and why isn't say cradily or the other fossils legendary?

Muk Man said:
Okay...so what makes the legendary pokemon legendary? and why isn't say cradily or the other fossils legendary?
legendary pokemon are sort of mythical, Idolized, almost seen as gods in some cases, they could be one of a kind also, or extremely rare.

no, because steven has a metagross, which is the evolved form of metang, which is, the evolved form of beldum.

legendary pokemon are....hmmm...how should i explain this one...
as mentioned above, they are basically myths, wishes, and dreams.
to make it more dramatic, they could basically be considered what doesn't exist, but what people want to exist. or, they could be what people hope to see, regardless of the perilous journey that awaits them. they are a challenge. in order to see them, one has to achieve something worthy of their presence. sorry if my description is either too blunt or too broad though...

Here in Brazil we call this legendaries (you can only use 1 at a time):

Zapdos
Articuno
Moltres
Mew
Entei
Suicune
Raikou
Celebi
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Latias
Latios
Jirachi

And we call this "guardians" (banned from official play)

Mewtwo
Ho-oh
Lugia
Groudon
Kyogre
Deoxys

And these as "supers" (can use as many as you like):

Dragonite
Tyranitar
Metagross

Muk Man said:
Okay, Ive been out for a minute but what are the legendary pokemon according to the Video Game and TV Show

Legendary means there are only 1 of that pokemon and or it's lower evolutions
Mew
Mewtwo
articuno
zapdos
moltres
Lugia
Ho-oh
jurachi
celebi
deoxys
entei
raikou
suicine
kyogre
latias
latios
rayquaza...

please let me know if i left some out...and who is the most powerful Legendary Pokemon?

It's Jirachi, not Jurachi.
Mewtwo is not a legendary as it is a modified Mew...

Keep in mind that in the movies there sometimes were multiple of the legendaries. Pokemon 4ever showed a bunch of Celebis at the end, in Pokemon Heores, it shows Latias with 2 Latios' at the end, and in Destiny Deoxys, the movie ended with 2 Deoxys'. So Legendary doesn't mean only 1 then. In the end there is always more.

Because of this I like best the legendary Birds (excluding Lugia). Only one of each, in the 2nd movie
this become clear.

Heard there's a new legendary pokemon shown in the 8th Movie.A wave guiding hero or something(It look's like a dog -_-)

Your list is correct up to the 3rd generation of Pokemon, except of course you forgot Groudon.

1st Generation:
Mew
Mewtwo
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres

2nd Generation:
Celebi
Entei
Raikou
Suicune
Lugia
Ho-oh

3rd Generation:
Jirachi
Deoxys
Groudon
Kyogre
Latios
Latias

Lucario/Rukario will come with the 4th generation, including Munchlax (Snorlax's pre-evolved form, which we saw in the movie Destiny Deoxys).

I really can't wait to see what new birds we'll get, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back