Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What does a team do?

Ryomota

i have seen in peoples sigs, "member of team ____" i have always wanted to know what a team does. So, will anyone tell me???

Last edited:
compare strategies, decklists, help each other out, share cards, etc. i think some also share prizes that are won at tournaments.
also, i think some teams play in tournaments to stomp out the competition so their other teammate(s) can win. for example, players a, b, c, and d all have worlds invites. but, player e does not. players a-d go to the tournament player e is playing in to eliminate the competition so player e can win the invite. however, with the "win one and done" policy, this cannot happen anymore.

Teams, in general, are just a group of friends who love playing the game. They tend to share decklists, playtest against each other, and travel to tournaments together.

Yeah, it's a group of people who help metagame, practice(practice secretive decks with people you know wont leak the deck), share/trade in confidence, etc.

A lot of the teams aren't teams, theyre just there for jokes.

ryanvergel said:
Yeah, it's a group of people who help metagame, practice(practice secretive decks with people you know wont leak the deck), share/trade in confidence, etc.

A lot of the teams aren't teams, theyre just there for jokes.

Kinda like Team Spoinkage and it's massive one member!!! :eek: :biggrin:

Last edited:
NateDawg161992 said:
Probaly sound like a noob but what's "win one and done"?

Win one premiere event type, and you can no longer play that event type.
Win a states, and you may no longer participate in state championships. Regionals are the same.
I think those with invites are also considered "done" with Gym Challenges too, since GCs are only to get invites to worlds.

Basically, you get at trip through regionals or nationals, no GC playing. Win one states, you cant win anymore, win one regionals, you're done.

No more monopolizing, no more knock-out playing in GCs.

(We) share information, help eachother with decks, try new ideas, playtest, go to tourneys together.
so yea, basically some poke-friends who help eachother win tournaments.
Also, it brings some extra competition in the game imo.

ryanvergel said:
Win one premiere event type, and you can no longer play that event type.
Win a states, and you may no longer participate in state championships. Regionals are the same.
I think those with invites are also considered "done" with Gym Challenges too, since GCs are only to get invites to worlds.

Basically, you get at trip through regionals or nationals, no GC playing. Win one states, you cant win anymore, win one regionals, you're done.

No more monopolizing, no more knock-out playing in GCs.

Thanks. I think that is a little unfair though.

a group of people who like to work together as a team such as playing against each other sharing deck lists and sharing out their tournament reports

Back