Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What energy engines have you discovered?

xl Aero

Hello all, I currently am formulating a deck idea.

However, one problem that concerns me greatly is the energy acceleration and engine and keeping in the game.

How will I get the energy out quickly and efficiently? How can I bring them back easily from the discard? Is this risky at all? What upsides and downsides come from them? Is it reliable, or will doing so cost me a prize?

I'm not asking for a particular type of energy, I'd like to see what kinds of engines (or partial engines) you've seen, both in theory-mon and in real testing.

Perhaps, for example, using a Supporter or Trainer or Poke-POWER to get an Fire energy. Typhlosion Prime to attach an energy from the discard to the Active Pokemon, then using Blissey PT's power to discard one card and the energy you searched to heal the damage. The next turn, use a similar strategy (or if you have a energy-searching POWER, use it again) to get another energy from the deck, Typhlosion to attach it, and Blissey to heal it off and discard one yet again.

What kinds of ideas have you come up with?

Let's get a discussion on. Who knows, maybe the two cards we've never once considered actually pull through for some sort of usage. or two cards whom are considered to have no relation create a good engine. Let's also get feedback on our ideas, see how they can be improved or if they could be used in a better strategy. Your idea for energy acceleration could end up being a staple for a certain type in future deckbuilding. :thumb:

Besides the obvious Feraligator Prime, and Typhlosion + Ninetails there is Sableye+bronzong g+flint's willpower+basic pokemon of your choice.

It works great in the first couple turns, but after that its useless.
Step 1: attach energy to main attacker with second energy in hand.
Step 2: play the rest of your turn.
Step 3: Impersonate Flint's Willpower to attach energy to bronzong g.
Step 4: Next turn galactic switch energy off of bronzong to main attacker, attach second energy.
Step 5: Profit.

It's sort of impractical, but its really one of the few semi effective energy engines in the current format. Other than discarding energies and using energy pickup or something similar. Trapinch + energy switch can work for fighting decks as well.

A little list.

Blatoise PL
Electrode TU
Infernape SF
Lugia LEGEND
Salamance AR
Celebi Prime TU
Feraligatr Prime HS
Floatzel UL
Leafeon Lv.X MD
Walrein RR
Electivire FB Lv.X
Jirachi UL
Magnezone SF
Moltres MD
Rayquaza LA
Rayquaza C Lv.X
Regigigas Lv.X
Regirock LA
Slugma UD
Trapinch RR
Typhlosion Prime HS
Tyranitar SF
Yanmega SV
Flint's Willpower

Blastoise UL
Bronzong G PL
Charizard G Lv.X
Energy Link
Energy Switch
Gardevoir PL
Heatran LA 6/146
Heatran LA 30/146
Lucain's Assignment
Machamp Prime TU
Magnezone Lv.X
Marshtomp SV
Meganium Prime HS
Mismagius UL
Raichu UD
Sceptile SF
Shaymin UL
Stark Mountain
Ultimate Zone

No actual energy engines, sorry, but these are the card that 1) increase your energy 2) move your energy. Hope this helps you with finding new energy engines.

Oh, and, Rayquaze LA + Energy Link is a funny engine xD

Don't forget Engineer's Adjustments to get energy into the discard pile! (Works well with Steelix or Typhlosion)

Ah, a lot of these engines have Bronzong in them. I can see why though, it allows a really great lead-in to energy acceleration. but the combos you can pull off are wide and varied.

I see a few fire energy mentions. Are there any other engines of other types? I heard grass had good support.

MetaKnight, would you like to play card roulette with crappy rares for a deck idea, then card roulette on those for energy engine? :p Although, a tiered deck created with roulettes is something I'll mark in my book as great moments in history.

Back