Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What is Garde Lock

jonnj

I have read some reports from states and i see that Garde Lock/plox are doing well. I now that is it a deck around Gardevoir/lv.X. But what else is it in that deck

Its basically "Lets add some obvious cards to an obvious deck and call it something new". So nothing special.

only 2 gardy?

yesterday i used

4 pachi
1/1 claydol
4/2/2 gallade 3gardy 1 x
1/0/1 dusknoir

my trainer build was a little inconsistant because of disruption cards but it didn't do too bad it got me 7th out of over 60 masters at MA states i lost to a friend in top 8 so it's all good

the dusknoir seems a little overrated, i used it here and there, but the only matchup it actually helped in was mag togekiss but that's already a favorable matchup anyway

if what i played is "gardy lock" i'd have to say the only thing new about it was dusknoir but there were 2 other gardies with dusknoir in the t8 and they were GfG, a lot of people all across the country have been playing with claydol and pachi since they came out so that's not new either

and i've played 2 wager in GG since before ge came out, wager lock is an old combo

people have been playing er2 in gg for a while too, to beat the mirror match

4-3-2 Gallade 3-1 Gardveior?Lv.x
2-2 Claydol GE
3 Pachirsu
Techs

4 Team Galactic Wadger

Scrambles and DRE

it works pretty good but still is like a auto loss to Banette .

Good GardyLOCKs dont play Er2 for mirror match. and its max wadgers,it may not seem new,but it is better than Gardylade(3 Gallade-2Gardy) in my opinion.

Of course people will play CLaydol,its law to play it for most decks to even function now.

But did anyone really claim that Gardelock is a totally new deck? I haven't seen anyone post such a statement. It just seems to me that it's one particular branch of the family tree of GG decks that needed its own name. This is the exciting part of a format where one deck is very dominant: The best players trying to find their own particular version, or branch of the family tree if you will, of that particular archetype. It's the small difference that make all the difference. (This was the same in the Feraligatr Neo days)

Plox is Alex's baby.

It's evolved a LONG way, from the days of Absol to now.

But the list that DOMINATED the southeast (FL/GA) was the brainchild of Team R Co-Founder Alex Hill, with help and testing with the rest of the group.

I wouldn't call it a new deck. It's just the best possible Gardevoir list you can have, is all.

Maybe I'm missing something, but isn't Gardi & Claydol a total overkill ?
I mean, you can Telepass anyway, so why include the Claydol ?
Besides that, power locking & wager doesn't really look like sth new to me.

It isnt and its obvious,but people are just realizing how good it is but claydool makes recovering from wadgers much better and helps with a quick early setp,we just got GE after cities so of course this would be seen at states.

Maybe I'm missing something, but isn't Gardi & Claydol a total overkill ?
I mean, you can Telepass anyway, so why include the Claydol ?
Besides that, power locking & wager doesn't really look like sth new to me.

It makes recovery from yours and your opponents TGWs MUCH easier. Considering that you run 3/4 TGW in Gardy LOCK its a good thing to be able to recover.

It also makes setup quicker.

It mostly eliminates the need for a true starter, aka Furret, Stantler, Pachirisu.

Plox is Alex's baby.

It's evolved a LONG way, from the days of Absol to now.

But the list that DOMINATED the southeast (FL/GA) was the brainchild of Team R Co-Founder Alex Hill, with help and testing with the rest of the group.

I wouldn't call it a new deck. It's just the best possible Gardevoir list you can have, is all.

I wouldn't say best possible. It was the most unexpected and thus "best" at the FL states. I've seen plox take a fall to another gallade deck. Still it was very good and alex should be proud of his deck. It took him all the way to what? 2nd place? pretty good when you think about all the other gallade decks that were there.

I wouldn't say best possible. It was the most unexpected and thus "best" at the FL states. I've seen plox take a fall to another gallade deck. Still it was very good and alex should be proud of his deck. It took him all the way to what? 2nd place? pretty good when you think about all the other gallade decks that were there.

He took 1st in GA with it, and chris with the same deck got 3rd in FL and 2nd in GA,.

It is definitely the best list.

I've seen plox take a fall to another gallade deck.

Florida was such a hard tournament and my only loss that day was to Ector. Which is cool cause it was Bannette. At GA, I lost only to EmpRolleon. (Countered all Mirror that day)

But I don't see how a deck based around PLOX can lose to a deck based around PCUT.

He took 1st in GA with it, and chris with the same deck got 3rd in FL and 2nd in GA,.

It is definitely the best list.

I know, I was there.

That doesnt mean its the best list. I'm not taking anything away from the deck. Your right in that it got 1st in GA and only lost to banette here. It's an opinion. Accept that people have them. It makes life simpler. Besides it just means if you run against me it's one more win in your colomn my friend.

Back