Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What is the BEST site to buy old theme decks?

signofzeta

I'm specifically looking for Storm Surge from EX Crystal Guardians, and both EX Dragon Frontiers theme decks (Powerwave and Shadowblaze).

I also want you to give me what you think are the top 3 sites, in Canada and the US, that has these products available, has the best prices, and is reliable.

The only site I ordered from online was Toywiz. I've heard of Pokeorder, Trollandtoad, and collectorscache, but I just don't want to risk getting ripped off, so I want confirmation before I place orders.

Last edited:
Eww NOT toywiz.
I hear nothing but bad reviews from their online store...
Apparently they don't keep their stock updated enough, I hear though that the physical retail store is nice.

Stop2Shop, Amazon, Ebay also come to mind for online stores.

Eww NOT toywiz.
I hear nothing but bad reviews from their online store...
Apparently they don't keep their stock updated enough, I hear though that the physical retail store is nice.

Stop2Shop, Amazon, Ebay also come to mind for online stores.

Yeah, I learned it the hard way.

I ordered 4 items, all of which have only 2 left, then out of the blue, my order was canceled. I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that they had none left, probably, and not because what I am going to say next, since they shipped stuff to me, but I'm sure they must have found a loophole.

The only reason why I trust that place is because they are the only American online retail store willing to break the rules, and sell MTG sealed products across the border. Perhaps you have heard of the policy that american online retailers can't ship sealed Magic and Yugioh products overseas, and this policy is in effect with products that are over 10 years old, and not readily available, although I really think that this policy should only affect products that are not older than 3 years.

The policy is to help brick and mortar stores. Most brick and mortar stores only carry booster products from the last 4 to 8 years, but they only carry 2 years worth of precon decks and compilation packs, so unless I buy online, and get them to ship that stuff across the border. The problem with that policy is that either way, the brick and mortar store isn't getting my money if I bought it online or if I was prevented from buying that product, because chances are, that product isn't available in the brick and mortar store.

This is the good thing about Pokemon. They don't have policies that make it unfair for non-Americans to obtain very old product. I hope Pokemon remains a third place TCG, because I'm sure they will have the same policy enacted by Konami and Wizards of the Coast if Pokemon becomes more popular than Magic.

Is Collectorscache a good place?

Last edited by a moderator:
For old theme decks, trollandtoad is probably the best. They don't have the first one you wanted, but they have powerwave and shadowblaze each under $10

Back