Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What is the perfect Nosepass moveset?

Monkey

<a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p
My cousin let me borrow his Pokemon Sapphire game for a week, and right now, im just trying to find a Nosepass. Nosepass I like my newest favorite Pokemon now! lol

Anyway, once I find one, what would be the best moveset it can have? From info I got from GameFAQs,
im thinking a good one might be:

Thunderwave
Rock Slide
Zap Cannon
Lock On

Also, I don't know what item I should let it hold. I could use all suggestions. Thanks!

i wouldnt use a nosepass at all,unless you like to annoy ppl

i dont know much about nosepass ne way

maybe u would want to boost his sp.def and def. evs and make him an anoyer that can take alot of hits and then use rest. i have no idea though.

dont listen to me about nosepasses...

Well IMO nosepass isn't very good.he has mediocre to below average stats(excluding def).But if u were goin to actually use him i think u should use this.

Nosepass@leftovers
+sp def, -speed
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Thunder Wave
Substitute

alright, im basically just fooling around with the game, so i really don't care if he sucks or not. I finally found one lol. I'll probablly buy the ruby version next week sometime.

Nosepass@leftovers
+sp def, -speed
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Thunder Wave
Substitute
Skarms has pretty much the right idea.... I disagree with the Nature though.. should be +Whichever (likely Sp Df), -Sp At. Why not crap out the stat you arent gonna use...

Also consider breeding Explosion over Substitute (can it even learn Substitute without FRLG? I dont think it can, I could be worng....)

I remember in G/S that I had a baton passer. Can you make one in R/S?
Hehe that way I can have a super uber-powerful Nosepass! :D

Last edited:
The best B-Pers are Ninjask with Swords Dance and possibly Silver Wind, and Gorbyss with Iron Defense and/or Amnesia

if you can get one, Scizor is kewl too... Silver wind, Agility, Swords Dance.....

Yeah, I remember that my Baton passer was a Scizor back in G/S. Maybe i'll try out a Ninjask.

A good set for NosePass would be:
Item:Soft Sand/Hard Stone
Toxic(I donno if he could learn it or not...)
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Magnitude/Strength
Spectreon said:
I wouldnt do that if I were you. most of his movesets use Sp. Atk.
Maybe +Sp Atk -Speed.

Last edited:
A good set for NosePass would be:
Item:Soft Sand/Hard Stone
Toxic(I donno if he could learn it or not...)
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Magnitude/Strength Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectreon
-Sp At.

I wouldnt do that if I were you. most of his movesets use Sp. Atk.
Maybe +Sp Atk -Speed.
please think before you post Swampert2004.

A)None of the attacks mentioned is based of of Special Attack. Earthquake, Rockslide, Strength, and Magnitude are all based on Attack, not Special Attack! The only attack in the entire post above based on Special Attack is Zap Cannon, which sucks.... dont get me wrong the every 2 turns it hits it is a strong attack, but the 50% chance to hit, or the Lock On/Cannon strategy are both bad!!!! Defenitely -Special Attack nature!!!

b) Every Pokemon that can learn TMs learns Toxic.... And if you are gonna go Toxic, use Block and Protect plus maybe Double Team, or Rock Slide...

Spectreon said:
Skarms has pretty much the right idea.... I disagree with the Nature though.. should be +Whichever (likely Sp Df), -Sp At. Why not crap out the stat you arent gonna use...

Also consider breeding Explosion over Substitute (can it even learn Substitute without FRLG? I dont think it can, I could be worng....)
I forgot u needed FRLG to teach him substitute.I wouldn't do explosion cuz his speed makes it useless. Even with thunderwave I don't think it's worth it. Maybe go with Sandstorm instead.

:D Because Blowing up is FUN:D

You can go either, it was justa suggestion...... either are good. Nosepass really isnt though....

Thanks for the help everyone! I have to return the game to my cousin today, but im defenitly going to buy either Ruby or Sapphire sometime even if the prices for them are outragous here.. :mad:

Anyway, yeah Nosepass isn't that good, but im going to continune trying to see what his purpose really is in the game. (haha even though i just think they put them him there because they ran out of ideas for Pokemon o_O)

Last edited:
nosepass is incredibly difficult to find, i'd say more difficult than feebas. nosepass cant attack; face it guys, any moveset with any attack/ special attack based moves are going to suck. stuff like sandstorm, t-wave, maybe toxic (not with t-wave though). Whatever floats your boat, and doesnt involve actual damage. he sucks pretty much, not worth using at all, as his defense really blows.

No, Nosepass is waaaaaaaay easier to find than Feebas.
But finding a right gender is quite tricky.
You found female, and female all over.
You found male, it's male's turn to be annoying.

Yeah I noticed when I finally found a Nosepass, it was a male one, but I decided to look for a female one later, and all I found were males! o_O

I just gave up after a half and hour.

Back