Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What is "the play" for Pokemon USA regarding Lost world?

Status
Not open for further replies.

honchvire

<a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=
There is speculation/confirmation that Lost World will not be in our Triumphant set. You can read the discussion here.

Pokemon can't win, no matter how hard it tries.

They give us a few lame POP sets and people complain because they are worthless to the competitive players.
They give out great playable promos for league and people complain because their collection just got devalued.

With regards to Lost World, what do you think "The Play" is?

They could release it as a "Box Topper" or "Secret Rare." We haven't had a box topper in awhile. This would cause the price to shoot up, and some players would call foul, claiming rich players have the edge now, and others would moan because they feel like Lost World would ruin the game.

They could release it as a promo or in another set down the road. Then players would complain because they did not gather Gengars when they were cheap, and others would moan because they feel like Lost World would ruin the game.

They could simply decide not to release it, period, and others would moan because they feel like the format needs refreshing and are tired of SP dominance.

In any case, people are going to complain and moan. You card-players are excellent strategists... well, most of you. :wink: What is the best course of action regarding Lost World? Consider Business and Money, SOTG and any other qualifiers you can think of.

I think they should make special boxes of Lost World tissues for people who can't stop crying over it.

Really, as long as they don't make it super expensive/rare, I don't mind if it's released or not.

If it does come out, then it should be something everyone has a reasonable chance to play.

For the first time baby Mario, I kinda agree with you on this one. It should be released but not super expensive rare. LOL:)

It just didn't make the set its that simple. Everyone needs to get over it, the card will come out in the next set. They aren't going to all of the sudden decide to make a super rare promo out of a stadium card because the internet masses think it has (VERY SPECULATIVE) potential. For everyone who thinks its a TSD-esque secret rare included in the set, it's not. Pokemon isn't planning anything, this isn't some complex strategy or conspiracy on Pokemon's part.

Keep it out. I just wish we never have see the card because it ruins the format, Japan already showed us that they play 3 prize and it still dominates so we would have no chance. If it is released as a Uber-rare like TSD was ill be OK with it because you'll play maybe one in a tourney at the maximum because of its price.

Last edited:
For those of you panicing about it being a TSD type card, let me just fill you in.

Before Mysterious Treasures was released, TSD was insanely hard to get in Japan. It wasn't quite the equivalent of a trophy card, but it was pretty close, only given out at 2 BR sets (Spring and Summer 2007) and for getting 4 stamps at the Winter Challenge.

Getting a playset of these would be nearly impossible in Japan at the time, following the tradition in Japan of making the cards you had to win super playable. These original unnumbered versions are still worth around $60-80.

When it was released in MT people didn't realise how lucky we had it with distribution like that, sure it was hard to pull, but at least you didn't have to win a tournament for it. To put it into context, because of the relativley small number of tournaments in Japan compared to the rest of the World, imagine you got a card for winning a Regionals or even Nationals. Now imagine that card was game breaking, maybe if Luxray Lv X was only distrubted this way. Imagine the price on that.

In Japan they even ended up re-releasing TSD in small 12-card set "decks" simply so Japanese players had easier access to them in order to play against the rest of the World.

So that is why TSD was a Secret Rare in one of our sets. Because it was super rare in Japan. There is nothing to suggest that Lost World (an uncommon in a Japanese sub-set) will be made into a super rare. I'm not saying it 100% won't be, I'm simply saying don't assume it's a possibility just because of TSD.

...So that is why TSD was a Secret Rare in one of our sets. Because it was super rare in Japan. There is nothing to suggest that Lost World (an uncommon in a Japanese sub-set) will be made into a super rare. I'm not saying it 100% won't be, I'm simply saying don't assume it's a possibility just because of TSD.

Yes, thank you. Pokemon doesn't release cards as promos or boxtoppers based on how much of a tizzy the players get into over it, they release them based on what is already out in Japan. This card is an uncommon in the Japanese set, not a promo like TSD was. Releasing TSD in English as a secret rare was consistent with the Japanese one being a promo; in this case they would be taking a regular uncommon Japanese card and turning it into an English promo based purely on metagame, totally different.

There are two options, as far as I can tell...

- It's released in the next set.

- It doesn't come out at all.

Releasing it as a promo, secret rare, box topper, etc. would be a ridiculous idea. I hope that everyone involved has the sense to NOT do that.

You know what would be cool? If Lost World was the Pre-Release promo and from this set-on, all the PR Promos were outside the set actual promos.

Then everyone would get one of them, and they wouldn't be so expensive. Also, it'd give the players who support the Pre-Releases another benefit!

Come on TPCi, 'you can do it!'

Lost World will not be the end of SP and it won't make Gengar the best deck. Go ahead and just quote me, right now. It'll be released in our February set just like any normal card and everyone should stop making a big deal about it.

@Prime: That was my theory at the beginning too, but even then, each person getting one wouldn't really help the situation, as you'd want to run multiples in your deck. It wouldn't be quite as bad as releasing it as a promo, but it wouldn't be the right play, imo.

The reason so many people are pissed is cause sense worlds many of us have been playtesting for Cities and various other events. Not placing a card which to many was a given in Triumphant in the set was damaging to a lot of players hard work and effort. We bascially were given the finger by them saying yeah all that testing you did was for nothing ha ha.

So before anyone gets on there High Horse and say well you shouldn't be playtesting this far out blah blah. just remember 1 thing Like most things in life being ready for anything is better then being prepared for nothing.

The reason so many people are pissed is cause sense worlds many of us have been playtesting for Cities and various other events. Not placing a card which to many was a given in Triumphant in the set was damaging to a lot of players hard work and effort. We bascially were given the finger by them saying yeah all that testing you did was for nothing ha ha.

So before anyone gets on there High Horse and say well you shouldn't be playtesting this far out blah blah. just remember 1 thing Like most things in life being ready for anything is better then being prepared for nothing.

Studying for finals = practicing for pokemon.

Studying for finals = practicing for pokemon.

Yeppers. If I study for a Test a few hrs a night for a week or so. More then likely my hard work will reward me with a A.

If I sit on X-box all night and don't study more then likely I'll get a F.

So lets review

Studying and hard work= A
Not being prepared and studying = F and more then likely my X-box being taken from me.

I don't have a problem saying you shouldn't be playtesting with theoretical cards. I'm all for early playtesting. But yeeeeah, maybe try to keep it to cards you know for sure exist?

Just saying.

Yeah, because Pokemon broke a promise to release Lost World, right?

No.

YOU decided to go on the internet and read JPN spoilers.

YOU decided to ASSUME Lost World would be in the set.

No-one is 'giving you the finger'.

You guessed wrong, that's all. Stop blaming Pokemon for your mistake.

I'm channeling filler set more than likely if it's true that Lost World hasn't been printed; otherwise, they just hate us.

Granted, I think the whole Lost Zone mechanic is pretty fail and wouldn't be as used as much as it's hyped up to be, but just so people would stop whining about it...print the card.

I don't understand what people don't understand about this. We didn't get Dawn Stadium or Leafeon LvX in Great Encounters, we got them the set afterwards. Now, where the next set has the possibility of being a weird mix of these remaining 14 cards and who-knows-what-else - how is it a question whether or not we're going to get an UNCOMMON Stadium card?

Keep Calm and Wait For Lost World.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back