Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What is this one-year glitch you speak of?

Ham12

I've heard a lot going around about how to prevent the 1-year glitch. That's all very well, but what exactly does it do?

Thanks a plenty!

Stops all berry growing and halts all time-based things in game, e.g. people giving you berries, refighting trainers, etc. Most game functions remain unaffected, and the glitch comes into effect because apparantly the game can't handle a year's passing, clock-wise.

...and to fix it you get the Jirachi bounus disk (reserve PKMN Colosseum but it already came out). or call Nintendo to fix it...

... and you have to have the game for 1-year to get the glitch...

EDIT: made call nintendo to fix it... larger.

Last edited:
That's not cool at all! Oh well...Thanks for the warning.

I'd fix it, but I don't have a G-cube; 'spose I'll wait for Leaf Green.

Oh, about the fix: Does it make the clock work again if the glitch has occurred, or is it just a preventative?

Thanks some more!

It'll make the clock work again. I don't know the specifics of it, but generally it's the game can't handle the numbers fed to it by the RTC chip because it's gone over a year. The fix makes it work again - permanently - meaning even if you start a new game it works again (likewise it won't work unpatched even if you start a new game).

Swmpert 2004 said:
...and to fix it you get the Jirachi bounus disk (reserve PKMN Colosseum but it already came out.
Um... normal Colosseum fixes it too. I was uploading my team from Sapphire to fight in the Mt Battle and I saw on my GBA screen, "Your berry program has been updated." After that I've been growing berries and refighting people in their secret bases for a while now.

Ok. I've got all of the tech goodies for you.

Fixing it: Connect it to any pokémon of the following products: 1) Zigzagoon bonus disc or colosseum bonus disc 2) Colosseum 3) Fr/lg.

What it is: After the game's internal inital-load clock hits 355:23:58:59, the number 356 is incorrectly initialized. What does this mean to you? 355 days after you initially start the game (meaning the first time you press 'new game', not when you first turn it on, first save the game, or first buy it.), the internal clock will stop.

What happens: No more battling trainers, no more plants, bye-bye free berries, mirage island will have no chance of appearing (unless it's there on the stop), and nothing else that relies on a date.

Why it happens: It happens because nothing was set up to happen after that. There is nothing else to it. The game does not run on a metronome, so it's all up to programming... and that's just how it was programmed.

Last edited:
Well, if it says "A Rocket's launch is imminent", does that imply that my clock has gone? Because I've had it for over a year now, and I'm been awaiting this...

Back