Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What is your team and strategy?

Jigglychu

Simply put, what team do you use, and what basic strategy (if you even have one) do you try to use?

I suggest posting teams in this format:

Trainer: Red
Feraligatr - 1
Murkrow - 3
Meowth - 2
Golem - 1
Absol - 3
Zangoose -2
Cards: Max Reive, X Attack, Switch.

(The numbers are their MP, so it is easy to se.)

I use Feraligatr makes a good Goal-guarder, with its Wash Away technique and has strong white attacks. And Golem is quite good and is good backup. I already explained [DEL]Voltorb[/DEL] Absol's potential use in that Voltorb thread. Murkrow has 3 MP, and can send an opponent back to the Bench. Meowth's Fake Out is very useful, and Zangoose almost always does high damage, with Swords Dance and Crush Claw.

So.... what are yours?

Last edited:
Trainerface: Red Sitch/ Brocko's modern life

1) Raichu
2) Skarmory
3) Shroomish
4) Doduo
5) Spearow
6) Charizard

Trainer Cards: X Acc, X Acc, Max Revive

Why?

First of all my roomate plays with Lugia, Murkrow, and Zangoose so to keep things interesting my team is based on not using any of those. Oh and also Sentret, who can be amazing if used well.

RAICHU - 2 MP

75% THUNDERJOLT - 50 DMG - IF RAICHU IS KNOCKED OUT BY DAMAGE, HE PAYALYSIS OPPONENT
25% MISS
YELLOW RING: RAICHU CANNOT BE PARALYSED

Raichu mostly because he's my favorite pokemon from the set. However, it's pretty cool to be able to X Acc run up and smack someone for 50. He's basiclly a more well-rounded Beedrill Assassin, only he can't be shut down by paralysis. Also he doesn't suck too badly once you run out of X Acc.

SPEAROW - 3 MP

50% FLY AWAY***
16.66% PECK 40
33.33% MISS

Combined with X Acc, this little guy is a great alternate option to Murkrow. He can really cause some early game havoc, X Acc can almost garuntee you a fly over and the fact that he has 3 MP, means that even if your opponent forces you to fly over again next turn you usually plan it out so that you can still land 3 spaces from the goal. Not mention Fly Over is a *** purple.

CHARIZARD 1MP

58.33% FIRE SPIN 50X
25% IRON TALE 60
16.66% MISS

This is my Choice Lugia-Killer. Basiclly my big damage dealer. He's risky in that he has no purple or blue, but he works with my X Acc theme. Also I don't really like legendaries so Groudon would be the next best thing as a lugia counter. But Charizard can dish it out when he wants so ehhh, not bad?

SHROOMISH 2MP

33.33% TACKLE 30
29.166% POISONPOWER*
29.166% STUNSPORE*
8.33% MISS

This guy brings teh defense to my team sitch. He's got less purple than WEEDLE, but has 2 MP instead of 1 which makes all the difference. Not to mention paralysis and poison Vs. Only poison. Prob my favorite defense pokemon in the set. OH he also stops murkrow in his trax. -_-

Skarmory 2MP

33.33% Fly Away***
25% Air Cutter 30
25% Air Cutter 50
16.66% Steel Wing 80

Legit pokemon, Good Avg Damage, a *** purple and no miss. Sounds geuuuud.

DODUO 3MP

50% Fury Attack 20X
16.66% Peck 10
16.66% Peck 20
16.66% Dodge

I find that having 2 pokemon on your team with 3 MP feels VERY different than when you only have 1. Playing another team with 2 3MPerz to your 1 is very scary, but 2 covers you fine givin the layout of the board. I actually played with Piplup before Doduo as PIPLUP has a much Higher Average Damage (30 to Dodou's 22) but Doduo is simply more fun to play, in that he has the potential to dish out mass damage. And then a Dodge and no miss helps.

SO YEAH BASICLLY my team is pretty aggro I run out there start throwin down with X Acc with spearow see if i can get an early win if not i'll try to assassin my way into an advantage. I keep that one MAX REVIVE just in case i find myself on the defensive, but im thinking maybe I should just drop it and go all out aggro. Whelp that's my sitch of a team, HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

Last edited:
My team

Misty

Kyogre-MP1
Feraligator -MP1
Weezing-MP2
Pikachu-MP2
Mudkip-MP3
Murkrow-MP3

kyogres for defence, shoving opponents figures from my goal.

feraligator similar to kyogre. more for attacking then defending though

weezings ability to deal out poison is excellent great for large clumps of opposing figures.

pikachu is pretty fast for its good attack, for attacking

mudkip pretty fast and ok attack. I use it for surrounding and goal blocking.

murkrow excellent move points and ability, in short over powered so it would be suicide not to use one. for surrounding, attacking and goal blocking.

EDIT: forgot cards
( I play 300 points stye, it's more interesting)

Long Throw
Max revive
Switch
Swap Spots/Full Heal/X Attack

Long Throw for screwing entry blockers and giving 1MP pokemon a boost.
Max Revive is a handy card to have.
Switch, there is nothing better then when a 3MP pokemon turns into a 1 MP pokemon in front of your opponents goal
last ones a wild card

Last edited:
mine is:
murkrow x3
treeko x2
groudon x1
trainer-brock
cards- long throw x2, switch

speed 2 da max. if they lock your entrys, u long throw groudon to block. i might replace the treekos with ekans or abra.

~Professor ultimatedra~

Let's see...

Trainer/Trainer Cards
Brendan
Max Revive
Max Revive
Switch

Pokemon
Eevee (3 MP)
Eevee (3 MP)
Absol (2 MP)
Ho-oh (2 MP)
Lugia (1 MP)
Murkrow (3 MP)

This team works out pretty well. I use Eevees (who make suprisingly decent blockers) to sit on top of my opponent's entry points. And sometimes they can dish out decent amounts of damage for a 3 MP figure, if needed. While they are blocking the entry points, the rest of my Pokemon automatically send my opponent's to the bench with their Purple attacks. Murkrow and Lugia have Whirlwind and Hurricane respectively, Absol has Double-edge, and Ho-oh (who serves as my Goal protector) totes along Tornado Spin. In a lot of the games I've played, I've managed to Bench almost all of my opponent's Pokemon.

Pokemon

Abra (3)
Spearow (3)
Salamence (1)
Salamence (1)
Ho-oh (2)
Ho-oh (2)

Trainers
Switch
Switch
Switch
X Attack (long throw would be better, but i somehow don't have one XD)
Max Revive
(For those who have noticed the red dots on trainer cards, our league allows for a total of 3 red dots of trainers) One switch and the X Attack could be replaced with another Max Revive for extra precaution.

Strategy is to use Spearow and Abra to rush the opponent's entry points, and once on them, switch with a Salamence. While this can take a while to do, once accomplished, your opponent can't do much. From there, Ho-oh is used to either KO or return pokes to the bench, due to his high chance of removing pokes form the field, either through KOing or Tornado Spin. Ho-oh is also good for defense. Salamence is used because if my opponent tries to attack with the poke guarding the goal, he will probably either kill or fly away, putting him within range of the goal.

After reading Yggdrasil's above, I noticed his team is quite similar to mine.

team

trainer - Blue
lugia - 1
murkrow x2 - 3
treeko - 3
absol - 2
pikachu (dont have spearow yet) - 2

Strategy is to speed out the opponent, lugia is to stop the fast yet weak pokes.

trainers
max revive x2
switch

2nd place in 2 tournies

Trainer: Green
Latios-3
Lugia-1
Skarmory-2
Salamence-1
Murkrow-3
Ho-oh-2/Latias-3 (usually Ho-oh)
Cards: Max Revive x2, Long Throw.

Latios and Murkrow are for speed, Lugia is the goal-defender, Skarmory is just really good,
and Salamence is useful because it can get around Pokemon that are in the way. Ho-oh is for doing a lot of damage, and Latias is basically in case my Latios gets KO'd.

I don't really have any particular strategy.

Axel your statement isn't very clear.

Louist He doesn't mean 3 Pokemon but he means you cant have more than 3 of 1 pokemon. I.E You can only use 3 Murkrow and 3 other Pokemon.

2 voltorb
:biggrin:
1 absol
1 murkrow
1 weezing
1 ho-oh

my card are:max revive, long throw,max revive

it was hard to get the figures but this team will own if there not paying attention:biggrin:

my second team

1 skarmory

1 meowth

2 morkrow

1 spearow

1 golem

voltorb and murkrow 4life

Last edited:
my team is

zangoose-2
zangoose-2
zangoose-2
beedrill-3
beedrill-3
golem-1
my stategy is simply use the bedrills to block of there entry points, have the zangooses take out all
theopponents figures on the playmat and then have them go for the goal, golem is for gaurding my
own goal it works fairly well
my trainers are 2 X-accurace and 1 swapspot

plz tell me what you think

Back