Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What new anime are YOU watching as of this month?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor_Chris

Alright, firstly to keep this from completely becoming a poll, post not only the name of the anime, but what you think about it as well.

Also note the words "new" and "as of this month" They are your friends.

I've started the following:

IZUMO -Takeki Tsurugi no Senki-
An H-RPG to Anime conversion. I seem to be a sucker for the dating sim to Anime conversions and since RPG is a game genre I actually like I figured I'd try out the anime since they seem to remove the "H" elements from these things in the conversion. Its pretty decent so far. Pretty standard "being sucked into another world" plot so far but decently entertaining.

[EDIT]
For some reason it won't post the whole thing at once so I'll be editing it all in, in increments it will allow me to
[EDIT]

[EDIT 2]
New Plan since Plan A failed. I'll post the rest in incrimental replies. Please don't flame me for replying to my own topic. I pretty much just posted it so it'd be at the top of this mostly inactive forum anyways. =/ I hope the mods understand the reasoning behind my choice.
[/EDIT 2]

Last edited:
MAR (Marchen Awakens Romance)
Another "taken to another world" based anime. One of my favorites for this month at that. I don't feel like summarizing it at the moment but its definately high on my recommended list!

Law of Ueki (Ueki no Housoku)
Boy+Trash=Trees :thumb: The premise seems similar to Shaman King (which I enjoyed dearly, that is the japanese version...the american version made me weep) so I'm interested in where the series will go. Also highly recommended.

Holy Genesis Aquarion (Sousei no Aquarion)
What can I say? I'm a sucker for trasforming/combining mech. I'm really unsure about this one though, so far it seems decent. I think I'll follow it a few more episodes atleast.

Eyeshield 21 (Eyeshield Nijuuichi)
It is SO GREAT. o_o It almost makes me not detest american football. I love sports anime. I have NO IDEA WHY. But I do. If you even think you might like sports anime, definately check this one out! :thumb:

Last edited:
Erementar Gerad
Now, this one took a little work to find since it isn't listed on AnimeSuki. But, boy was it worth the hunt! I <3 this series greatly so far. On the top of my recommended list. If you only see one new anime from this month let it be this one! :cool: Anyways, quick run down. Coud (Cloud?) is part of the Red Lynx (or was it Links? c_C; ) which is a air pirate group. They end up stealing a 'coffin' with their loot that contains a sleep "Eden Raid", which is a girl with a stone (an Erementar Gerad; proof they are an Eden Raid) imbedded in them somewhere. Anyways, an Eden Raid can "React" with someone and become their weapon. Its really cool. I promise. >_>;

Tsubasa Resevoir Cronicles
Another of my favorites this month. An alternate world story featuring several character from various CLAMP anime. Such as: Card Captor Sakura and Chobits (which are the only two I've ever seen). I might appreciate it more if I had some background knowledge of the other series involved but I enjoy it anyways. Definately highly recommended.

Last edited:
Glass Mask (Glass no Kamen)
A remake I beleive of an older anime of the same name. A drama about dramas. It was fairly interesting. I plan on following it for atleast a few more episodes.

Futakoi Alternative
Wow. Just...wow. o_@ I had watched the first Futakoi which was really nothing special but boy was I suprised at the drastic difference between the two! :eek: I really don't know what to think about this one yet...

Basilisk: Kouga Ninpou Chou
a.k.a Basilisk: Super-Refined Ninja Arts
A ninja anime. Yays. :biggrin: A violent ninja anime. Not for the weak of heart, but for those who like the genre its pretty good (IMHO)!

Last edited:
Thats about it for what I'm following

Some other things I tried this month but gave up on:
Ichigo 100% (Strawberry 100%)- Too ecchi for my tastes. =/
Speed Grapher- I just really didn't care for it. Didn't even hold my attention through the entire first episode.

So. What about ya'll?

The only ones I myself found interesting this spring season was Tsubasa (which I've been waiting for since it was announced). Since Air and Xenosaga ended, I'm down to watching just Bleach (which is now in season 2, and the new opening and ending songs RAWK!!!), Negima, and Tsubasa. I had been watching Ah My Goddess as well, but since it was licenced and the source moved, I keep forgetting to get it :rolleyes:

One thing I didn't like though is that they aren't turning xXxholic into an anime, just a movie. It would have made for a great anime as well.

It's actually REALLY interesting the other CLAMP refrences. FYI, the dog that became Syaoran's Kudan is Rayearth, from their first big hit series Magic Knight Rayearth. The dragon in episode 3 that Kurogane got is also from MKR, but I forget it's name right now :p. And for that matter the bird that Fai gets is from there, and that's also where Makona is from (but Makona couldn't talk in Magic Knight Rayearth). And the goatee guy that's been shown a couple times is related to Clow Reid. Since you've only read CCS and Chobits I'll keep you updated if any more come up ;)

What I'm really liking is that the studio Bee Train's doing Tsubasa. They also did .hack and FLCL (kids, things like FLCL is what you get when you play too many MMORPG's like The World :lol: ). As such, the music has a very nice .hack-esque sound to it (though it's not performed by See-Saw and so not sung in English). I can't wait until the soundtrack becomes available!

Last edited:
I didn't even realize Episode 3 was out. ;_; AnimeSuki's been down practically all day for me and I hadn't checked the Dattebayo tracker until just now. *download!* Thanks for telling me though. :D And thanks for the brief overview of some of the other CLAMP references as well. :thumb:

[EDIT]Also, I've only seen the AMERICAN version of CCS. =/ And not even all of it at that. I did however watch all of Chobits in japanese.[/EDIT]

Last edited:
well, it's not new as of this month, but I've been watching subtitled naruto for a while...and I might start watching subtitled Bleach...I dunno.

well a sub wasn't out yet when I posted that (one is out now), but I've been getting them RAWs as well as subbed. But yeah, it's out now, got about 8 minutes until it finishes grabbing for me.

I also started watchign Naruto. Got the first 17 episodes so far, had set it this morning to get 18-30 but something didn't work right so it stopped grabbing at 28% of those :(

I don't even remember the English dubs of Cardcaptors. I started buying CCS japanese subtitled from Amazon, but only got up to 8 discs so far. And right now I plan on quitting my job next month so have to save to pay for bills (cable internet, my website, etc) until I get my new job so can't buy any more until later :(

Last edited:
The Anaconda said:
well a sub wasn't out yet when I posted that (one is out now), but I've been getting them RAWs as well as subbed. But yeah, it's out now, got about 8 minutes until it finishes grabbing for me.

I also started watchign Naruto. Got the first 17 episodes so far, had set it this morning to get 18-30 but something didn't work right so it stopped grabbing at 28% of those :(

I don't even remember the English dubs of Cardcaptors. I started buying CCS japanese subtitled from Amazon, but only got up to 8 discs so far. And right now I plan on quitting my job next month so have to save to pay for bills (cable internet, my website, etc) until I get my new job so can't buy any more until later :(
LOL. Well, as soon as you mentioned episode three I went out to look at the Dattebayo tracker and there it was. XD Dattebayo really is great though, they have fast releases (under 24 hours usually) and great quality for a speed subbing group.

Naruto and Bleach are both series I'm following. I usually stay up late on Wednesdays just so I can nab the newest episode of Naruto. XD Actually, I'm following several series at the moment. Too many to list off the top of my head.

Oh and as for the comments on the new Bleach OP/ED earlier I agree 100% :thumb: Can't wait for the singles. I'll just have to make due with my Orange Range and HOME MADE Kazoku until then.

Metagross ex said:
I'm watching .hack//legend and gundam seed. Both come on after each other on cartoon network and are both neat.
I thank you for stating your detailed opinions on both .hack//Legend and Gundam Seed neither of which are new, not even in the US. o_o

for a while, I was watching SoulTaker, really a very odd anime whose animation style can only be described as "acid trip". Very fun, tho. The main character is apparantly some mutant/alien (never really cleared up on this) who has incredible powers and is virtually indestructable. He is on a self-imposed mission of saving his twin sister Runa from people (and mutants? also not really cleared up) who want to capture and destroy her. This also has the single best final episode of any anime that I have ever seen. It's only a single season long, they probably could have put the exact same story over 26 episodes and not lost any of the fast-paced action that I associate with it AND put in some more explination of what exactly is going on, but that's a small gripe for one of the most entertaining shows I've ever seen.

I started to watch Tsubasa.. but I've only seen the first episode. Pretty nifty so far. =o

I've READ Eyeshield 21 and Mar... does that count? XD; I really like E21 and Mar so far. =3 And I love one of the other series that the artist of Mar made. (Flame of Recca = Win.)

The three I've been following this month besides Naruto are Gundam Seed Destiny, Tsubasa Chronicle, and the newest addition, MAR. I've been working on a SEEDestiny fanfic for a while now, so I keep following it, trying to update my story every week. Tsubasa Chronicle is a CLAMP, need I say more? The concept is interesting with the combination. MAR just started, so I have no clue if I'm going to like it or not, but I'd say it's a combination of Hunter x Hunter and .hack//. It should be silly and fun.

One more thing on my list is Mahoraba: Heartful Days. Yes, it's a romantic comedy, yes it's on at midnight in japan, yes it's Love Hina without fanservice, but the gorgeous girl has multiple personalities! Add that to the crazy residents and you're just asking for trouble and laughter. I also like the colorful animation too.

Oh, and Professor Chris, just to let you know, the Manga of Hunter x Hunter now has released a second volume. I picked it up today.

Mostly been watching Tsubasa Chronicle. From the first two episodes it seems okay, nothing to get excited about. I just find it kinda funny how Syaoran finally gets his own show in the same way that Luigi got his own game in Mario Is Missing. Not knowing who half the characters are is fun, as well.

And on that note, the show needs more Touya/Yukito. They even admitted (rather subtext-ly, but to continue...) their relationship on screen. Plus Touya was beating up the robot ninjas. Enough said.

I've been following Mahoraba Heartful Days too. I love that show. Its great. XD I saw Volume 1 of the Hunter X Hunter manga at BAM yesterday when I went to league (the manga section is RIGHT outside the room, lucky us :D) But I don't really read much manga. I also saw Eyeshield 21 which was a new addition. It seems manga is getting much more popular though, I still remember one weekend all we used to have is this little section on an aisle dedicated to "Graphic Novels" then one day I show up and there is this nice large section of the wall dedicated to "Manga" and I'm like "WhoamygoshwheretheheckdidTHATcomefrom!? @_@"

Also, to anyone who is interested, Eval Powar Fansubs is the group subbing Erementar Gerad.

Last edited:
I've been downloading the one from C1 because I was impatient. c_C Its moving so slowly though...its still not done. ._.; *goes to download Mar from Frothbite as well since thats the one he'll be keeping*

I picked up another series last night.

Eureka Seven
Another mech anime. I'm really not sure of the plot or names right now (I remember some things but the rest is fuzzy) because it was late when I watched it. >>; I do however remember it was pretty cool. o_o; Worth checking out if you have the time. Subbed by Nanashi.

I finally got to watch MAR 02 today. I loved it. XD Me thinks Ginta and Babbo will definately make for an interesting pair. I'm definately looking foward to the rest of the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back