Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What so you think so far of Call of Legends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LunaHeart

I've gotten to play with the new set yesterday and was wondering what everyone else thinks of it so far.

(I'm new to PokeGym)

I really dislike it as a set. Lost Remover and Lost World are probably the only decent cards from the set which aren't reprints, but both suffer from issues. Lost Remover is too random to put into any specific deck, and anyone running Lostgar at States is going to find everyone teching against them considering the amount of hype it has.

Although reprints like Smeargle, Umbreon and Ninetails are cool, reprinting cards from Triumphant and leaving out Pokemon Collector/Communication seems pointless. I'd be interested to see what the PR attendences were like for this set, compared to Triumphant.

I agree. It seems pretty lame that the most popular cards in the set do 80 damage for 4 energy or whatever. I know people say collectors like them, so I don't understand why they couldn't reprint some primes as well as those.

I hate it, they definitely could have reprinted better stuff from HGSS(Collector, Communication), or even gone outside of HGSS (Roseanne's, Night Maintenance), instead we get Cheerleader's Cheer, Dual Ball, Interviewer's Question, Prof Elm and Sages Training. I just really feel let down compared to Power Keepers which reprinted usable stuff and even made English exclusive cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back