Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What to buy?

Yoda2k4

I am going to my local pokemon store with the best selection. I have $20. I am asking what to buy to help me in the new format of e-on. I am asking what boosters what theme-deck the reason why my sudden splurge in wanting to play pokemon is the world championships i am planning on playing the grinder and trying to secure a spot in the world championships.

:pokeball:

Not deck related. Borderline poll. Reply responsibly. Moving...

You might want to come back to pokemon when not every deck is gardevior or blaziken varients. Try duel masters, a MUCH better game right now. Or go with the old favorite, MTG.

Prime said:
You might want to come back to pokemon when not every deck is gardevior or blaziken varients. Try duel masters, a MUCH better game right now. Or go with the old favorite, MTG.

yea prime thats it....DRIVE away people who want to come back....IVE BEEN WORKING MY A@@ tying to get people to come back to this game, and what do you do? you just send them away! do you have any idea how much money and time and effort ive spent trying to get 10 players!!! toghter for a league up in bum puts nowhere michigan (incedntly its where i go to college)

please ATTRACT new people dont push them away :D :D

o yea and buy the following

mind machein theme deck for the oracles and PETM(skyridge)
echo theme deck for the oaks research (expediton)
ruby deck (ruby saphire and HOPE you get a blaziken in it)

spend the res on ebay and try to get single that you need for a deck
look in the deck forum

or just buy packs
i suggest
expedtion
dragons
sandstorm
ruby&sphire

hope this helps :D

It depends on what you already have for the format. Nothing? Then start with the Aqua theme deck( some people have done really well at State Champioships with this). The rest? Buy Aqua/Magma boosters and hope you get a Blaziken EX, Swampert EX, Suicune EX or some good holos you can trade for what you need.

And Prime, not every deck is BAR or Gardy. In fact, Gardy is rarely played now. Swampert/EX/Suicune EX decks and Muk EX decks have made a big showing and done really well at the States that have had their Champioships already.

Last edited:
GodTrainer you forgot my favorite theme deck: Abyss from Aquapolis. It will get you these trainer cards, as well as 3 Vulpix' for a possible Ninetales deck and 4 Horsea's, 2 Seadra's and 1 Kingdra for a possible Kingdra (ex) deck (although not THE best variants of the cards IMO).

Here are the 13 trainers of the total 60 cards in the deck:
4 Moo-Moo Milk (E)
3 Professor Oak’s Research (E)
3 Forest Guardian #123
2 Juggler #126
1 Town Volunteers #136

...in combination with Mind Michine, you'll have a decent trainer-set up that will work OK in most decks. Also remember that cards like Ditto, Dunsparce, Sentret/Furret (for decks with special energy), Wynaut, Wobbuffet are very cheap at most cards shops on the internet, and highly usable.

GodTrainer said:
yea prime thats it....DRIVE away people who want to come back....IVE BEEN WORKING MY A@@ tying to get people to come back to this game, and what do you do? you just send them away! do you have any idea how much money and time and effort ive spent trying to get 10 players!!! toghter for a league up in bum puts nowhere michigan (incedntly its where i go to college)

please ATTRACT new people dont push them away :D :D

o yea and buy the following

mind machein theme deck for the oracles and PETM(skyridge)
echo theme deck for the oaks research (expediton)
ruby deck (ruby saphire and HOPE you get a blaziken in it)

spend the res on ebay and try to get single that you need for a deck
look in the deck forum

or just buy packs
i suggest
expedtion
dragons
sandstorm
ruby&sphire

hope this helps :D

yeah GodTrainer is right don't just send someone away that wants to come back we want to keep this Game going! I have spent alot of money on these cards it would all be a waste if every one went to play DM or Ygo....

Ok if you starting back up i suggest trying to find a way to build Gardy or Blaziken, even Kingdra is pretty cheap. How is gardy not played ppl? THREE made to 8 at CA states and it won. I PLAYED THREE at the state champ. in 7 rounds and beat all three how is that not played? =/

You have a few months before the grinder so get those good trainers that all decks can use from those theme decks. You can probably also find places to buy over the internet. You can get very useful uncommon and common trainer cards (and common and uncommon pokemon too like Dunsparce) over the internet pretty cheap. Probably better deals than buying theme decks for 10$ and 2 useful cards. Holos can be more expensive over the internet so its not always best to buy those this way. You could buy every trainer you need over the internet for 20$ I should think. This is all assuming you have nothing for the format. Either way if you just need good pokemon start buying R/S. Any of the Nintendo sets have good pokemon to build around for decks. But you can't get a good deck from scratch for 20$. The cheapest viable decks by $$ value is probably an Aqua deck. You can build it with a couple Aqua theme decks and only about 2 or 3 more holos.

pokemon is by far the best game out (in my opinion) but it is dumb that you have to play one of the three deck to win. (swamp, garde, blaze)

Well thanks for your advidce i bought an aqua theme deck and i am also going to get 2-3 more themes and then get a couple boosters i am making more money each week and probably going to ask my dad to buy me singles of toywiz. thanks and plz post more bcuz i will be making alot during the next few weeks.

- My Current Pokemon List –

-Pokemon-

E- Theme Deck Echo - $9.49
SK Theme Deck Mind Machine - $22.99
Pokemon – e – Ruby deck - $16.99
10 boosters( 5 r/s 3 e 1 dragons 1 sand storm) - $15.00
Pokemon Card Supplies 100 Count Dark Sleeves - $7.99

I will try to find these following items around my local store or buy them on toywiz.com how is that for a list?

and maybe depending on the cards i get. Buy a few singles

:pokeball: :pokeball: :pokeball:

Back