Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

what will win Nats

Status
Not open for further replies.

superman123

I think that it would prabably gg because it is so versitile.

what do you think.Please give a reason.

Last edited:
This is a poll and will be locked unless you give reasones WHY it will probably win nats. For the record I don't think GG will win in Masters.

from what I have seen at Battle Roads I think the odds are in favor of GG, but a close contender will be Empoleon. As for red face paint decks it is hard to give odds on them because you don't know what will be played. So my odds would be:

60% GG
30% Empoleon
10% red face paint deck

Plox still has a great advantage over the format at the moment. The ability to shut down powers at a fast rate (Setting up practically by t3-4), and keeping you down the entire game is nothing to laugh at. This is hard to contend with, since decks need powers to set themselves up. Empoleon, however, is an excellent damage spreader/Big hitter. It can use one to spread, and then Scramble and do the big damage, or continue to spread and use Omastar/Wager to completely kill their set up. These two decks rule the format at the moment, but honestly, I think Blissey will see some play. Bliss/Ban still has a good chance in the format, since Garchomp is seeing some play, Chansey has nice HP, and Banette takes out Gardy. Rogue, IMO, isn't going to get much spotlight since it's hard to contend with this format, thanks more so to Plox. Here's my percentages:

50% Plox
35% Empoleon
10% Garchomp/Bliss Variants
5% Rogue.

Honestly, I haven't been able to find a deck this season (aside from Banette) that consistently beats Plox.
So, that would be my bet.

My "new" empoleon has won against G&G decks every time. Banette is also a verrrrrry good counter, howveer it loses to most other decks unless you have an extremely good build. JMO

With the number of Plox/Gardellade builds I'm expecting to be at nat's, it'll be hard to overlook, so I think it stands a very good chance of continuing the dominance it held for the 11/15 Regionals it won.

My "new" empoleon has won against G&G decks every time. Banette is also a verrrrrry good counter, howveer it loses to most other decks unless you have an extremely good build. JMO

Yea like u need a great build for a deck that can outspeed every deck it faces and can do T280,how build of the deck do you need??

Banette dosent use powers,Empoleon dosent use powers,Ape dosent need powers,Garchomp dosent need powersGlaceon builds use bodies,how effective can PLOX be if majority of the meta dont really need Powers.

Gallade isnt that hard to get rid of that much. I think GG will be in top cut for the masters,but it probably wont win

I think Plox will be that MAJOR contender, like stated by everyone else! But Empoleon is SO awesome, you all know How much I love it, and he will RELLY make an impact. I am Currently working on a Rogue version of him to contend AGAINST the major archetypes and possible mirror matches.

I REALLY think Rogue decks can make a Great impact, IMO, MD really opened up the format for Rogues. I am Serious about that, its that you have to get everything settled in for those Darn Wagers!!!

40% Plox
10% Eevee Varients
15% Banette
15% Empoleon Varients
20% Rogue FTW!!!

I actually believe that someone will pull out a "secret deck" that will run the show at nats. But it would take a very brave/skilled player to do so. Hopefully, archtypes are seen winning much less do to counter techs and rogue decks. But maybe it's just me:smile:.

See I am not going to say Banette is a bad choice, but it isnt the best choice. I am going to use Jay (Sorry Jay) as an example. Last year Jay decide to play ScizorGross for US Nationals, even though there was an decent amount of Infernape running around. Now, I am not saying this was a bad choice, but Jay got lucky and didnt really run into any fire. Now, banette might not be the best choice as it most likely will run into some type of Empoleon or something that can't beat it. I mean if you really think that you can go 7-2 with it props to you, but I really think that the choice is GG or Empoleon if you want to decent. Or just choose a deck that you feel beats both. (There arent many that do). I think that most players are going to have a difficult time choosing.

JMO,
Drew

Last edited:
Banette can beat Empoleon,Anything can beat Anything,I never just choice cuz one deck is there,I can understand if you said Magmortar,but with Empoleon around,that wont be a good choice, Banette can Empoleon,more than you can know,Empoleon is no way has the same effective on the matchup like Magmortar did,mag had accel,healing body and can attack for one.

Ill play it just because Im sure Ill get lucky and play GG.Ill take that chance just cuz I know how to beat Empoleon if I run into it.

45 % GG
40 % Empoleon
5 % Garchomp
10 % Secret Deck

GG is still the most consistent deck out there, and if Empoleon starts to get big, GG will start to tech against it. GG is one of the decks that can include a big variety of techs, and get them out in a consistent way. Empoleon + Omastar will still be annoying to beat, especially if they max out Wager. Garchomp might have a little but unlikely chance to win. Secret decks is always dangerous but I doubt that anything unknown can beat both GG and Empoleon (along with the rest of the competition).

How hasn't this been locked yet? o_0

Anyway, I want garch to win :tongue: , but that ain't going to happen. G&G Has a good chance, but I think a crazy rogue will tear through the competition and beat everyone down!!!!!!! GO ROGUE!!!!!!!!!! >:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back