Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What would go well with Sceptile EX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Scizor,

Do you have regular Sceptile, he goes well with Sceptile ex, you can energy trans and nurse, or use lizard poison, they all work well together.

My brother has Shedinja with Sceptile, that seems to work somewhat, and Blazzy can't hurt him...

yeah Sceptile energy trans works very well and not just to use nurse! it goes well mostly because you can trans 1 grass energy to each pokemon than heal all of them 4 damage counters!

Last edited:
Yeah Sceptile helps protect his bench Pokemon from the 10 damages that the Holo-Blazikens will do to them. Wut about trying Beautifly this time, helps protect against some Rebel Aggron decks out there. Or you can try Grass Executor from Aquapolis to take out some bench Pokemon with a lot of Energy from Trans. Or you can also add in some Sevipers to screw up a lot of Exes out today, its your choice man. :)

Ironically, I have had the deck built since last sunday, and have already tested it out against a Dragonite EX deck (I lost all 3 times because the stupid thing is resistant to grass >.<)

But this is what the deck already contains:

Pokemon (20)

4 Treecko (R/S #76)
3 Grovyle (1 R/S #32, 2 Dragon)
2 Sceptile (R/S Energy Trans)
2 Sceptile EX
2 Dunsparce
2 Skitty (R/S Minor Errand Running)
2 Delcatty (R/S Energy Draw)
1 Lileep (SS #43)
2 Cradily (SS)***(One may become a Cradily EX)

Grass Energy (22)

Trainers (17)

4 Moo-Moo Milk
4 Copycat (2 is supposed to be Oak's Research but I can't get my hands on them!)
2 Professor Elm's Training Method
3 Rare Candy
2 Root Fossil
2 Switch

*The 2 switches, Lileep, 2 Cradily, and the -blank space- were once 2 wurmple, 2 cascoon, and 2 dustox*

The current blank space is one Roselia but I don't want it in there, I'm thinking of replacing it with another Dunsparce but I don't know yet. Tell me what you guys think of the deck.

-5 Grass
-4 moo moo milk

+1 sparce
+2 fisherman
+2 hyper potion
+4 tv reporters

try this.....it might speed up the deck and give you a way to get energy back without having so many in the deck and also give you more straight draw and another sparce for chance of early game speed.....have fun:)

That's not a good idea. Decent Blaze players just build manually Rayquazas and KO them. Plus it'll lose so badly to Gardy, it's not funny.

~fK

Well speaking of Blaze EX decks, I already have one except I cant use it in tournaments because I only have one Bex and the deck needs two. So I figured I would try out Sceptile EX since at the local tourney only 2 people (excluding myself) even have Blaziken EXs, let alone uses them.

But I will drop the cards and add the cards just as suggested and see how it works. I'll let you know when I test it.

Yeah actually testing with Muk it doesn't work too well. They would just OHKO it with Rayquaza. Gardy is making a comback now with Pokemon Reversal fixed too. Muk just slows down the deck and gives up easy prizes. I think Wailord ex or maybe Suicune ex would be a better idea. They can actually hurt Blaziken because of it's weakness to water. Put in them in and Pokemon Reversal so you can kill Blazikens on the bench.

Last edited:
Freddy K. said:
That's not a good idea. Decent Blaze players just build manually Rayquazas and KO them. Plus it'll lose so badly to Gardy, it's not funny.

~fK
Sceptile will beat the Gardevoir decks. I think Muk ex/Sceptile is a good idea.
I also like the idea of Roselia speeding up Sceptile ex.

Last edited:
I saw someone using Camerupt, I think the Magma one, with SceptEX, and it seemed to work pretty well. I think the idea was to pull energy out of the discard pile with Camerupt, move it with regular Sceptile and then attach to SceptEX.
---Nicole
WeileMom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back