Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What would you do?

tglilly

I am not to sure where to post this so here it is for the moment. I had to get this off my chest and I am just looking for a few opinions.
A few weeks ago I found that most of my stuff (including most of my cards) were gone. Then the next thing I know my husband is thrown in jail. While in jail he called me and said that he sold all of that stuff for money. Now the only cards I have left are a few old cards back from base set. This got me debating if I should quit or just keep going with pokemon. The reason why I thinking of quitting is because we both used to play pokemon and now with most of my resorces gone I don't know if I can build back up to make a decent deck. It took me a while to get most of the cards I had. Please explane your self a little to keep this from being a pole.

Tglilly

It depends if you still want to play.
I would go and get commons/uncommon s and trainers
from people who are willing to donate to you.

And believe me if you tell people your story I am sure people would be willing to give you free staple cards. Be free to PM or AIM me

Good Luck <3
Tina

Wowzers I think you need to focus on your husband right now. If anyone understands this it is the Pokemon community.
There is nothing more important than your family. Don't worry about Pokemon it will be here forever. You got to get things straight at home. Not meaning to be mean but for real Priorities Priorities.

Well what my husband did is something really bad so I am pushing for a divorce. Mostly it's for the safty of my children and me. At the moment I am taking a short brake but I am just thinking ahead.

Roger that I am glad you are a stable human who is able to move on with the thought of your children coming first.
I am so sorry that the D word is involved I couldn't imagine the pain you are going through. Pokemon takes up alot of money as you know and starting from scratch = dredfull. and with kids that means mutiple decks = more money. but if you think of it as your families entertainment everyweekend go for it. If it is more of a past time to you then don't worry about it. Again I am sorry the cards fell on the table like they did.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

BTW awesome Avatar

Last edited:
Unlucky... Especially that your a Pokemon Prof. I know theme decks arnt the best but that could help you energy wise. An idea if you dont have a deck make a cheap but good deck like speedrill.
Hope the advise helps:)
Samuel

I'm not defending him (just want to make that clear first) but what was the reason he did such a hurtful thing to you? If it's for some stupid reason then he dosen't deserve to have either you or the children..:mad:

I know if you tell your story you will get alot of people willing to pass on there extra cards at a really good price. There are alot of them here I know I have gotten lots of help with questions and advice from some great people here....:thumb:

seems to me you would be able to collect half of whatever he sold the cards for. the trick is proving what he got for them which would be hard to do and if they were pawned and even then it's hardly going to be the actual value of the cards anyways

take it from me,i lost all of my tournament decks a week before the start of the 2007-2008 season and i was just devastated,i had some help in building a delta deck (exeggutor/raichu) and went undefeated at my first event with it and played it for most of the season,i hit a 19-game win streak and was rated 1st in the world in masters between cities and states that season,over time i managed to rebuild my collection and get back to where i am today,first in my state. (MS)

the only person that can make you quit is you,if it's something you want to do then you will,that's all there is to it. don't get me wrong we can all use some help at times and i can certainly relate to your story if your serious about continuing to play or have your kids play please PM me with some deck ideas you guys have for cities and i'll see what i can do for you. best of luck.

-brent

take it from me,i lost all of my tournament decks a week before the start of the 2007-2008 season and i was just devastated,i had some help in building a delta deck (exeggutor/raichu) and went undefeated at my first event with it and played it for most of the season,i hit a 19-game win streak and was rated 1st in the world in masters between cities and states that season,over time i managed to rebuild my collection and get back to where i am today,first in my state. (MS)

First of all, I just have to say you're AMAZING spaz!!!

tglilly, you're a professor, you could probably do some judging to get some cards then you wouldn't have to pay as much money.

Sorry to hear that.

Perhaps you might want to sue your husband for selling your favourite interests without your consent? So he have to pay you back enough to rebuild a playable deck with some tradebaits?

Guys: She's not asking for relationship or legal advice.
I'm sure her lawyer is taking care of all that for her.
And please don't ask her to go into what was done. If she wanted to go into that, she would.
I'm sure it's all painful enough.
Please focus on what she is asking, about continuing in the game.
Thank you.

I'll be glad to give you some of my cards. I'm going to the Navy in about 3 months and by time I get out, my stuff might be or clost to rotation. Tell me what you want and if I have it, I can help you out.

Let me know soon. I want to help out with your card problem. I know what it feels like to lose a lot at one time and not know what to do.

Let me know okay.

{Edit: I think it best to not get into even this level of detail on the Gym. Thanks, Pop}

There are other things he has done to not just me but my children as well but I really don't want to get in to those details here. Thanks for all of your comments they are really helpfull.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest, I think you should make sure that your priorities are straight before trying to continue a hobby, especially if your husband was the one who made the primary income in the family. Make sure you're able to keep yourself and your children on their feet financially first, and then if you feel you can afford to get back into the hobby, then do it. I don't feel that the first thing on my mind would be whether or not I would keep playing this card game if my husband were put in jail. I'm not trying to sound snide in any way, I'm just posting an honest opinion.

At the moment I just got a job and I am curently supporting my kids. I can't get all of the cards I need right a way it took me alot of time to get up to the cards I am had.

Back