Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Whatever happened to Venusaur?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scyther_trainer

Whatever happened to the Venusaur from Expedition? This card was talked about alot back in the e-set days. Is there a reason that no one considers it? Is there a better replacement for it?

Last edited:
Mostly Roselia replaces it... Its quicker, comes out turn 1, for C drops down 2 G for you, to any Pokemon. (Cant recall if it has to both be to same one). Since you cant get Venusar up til at least turn 2, costing you 3 cards ( Bulba, Candy/Ivy, Venus). Roselia also has Thick Skinned (No special conditions) and a cheap 10 auto sleep for G.... Notice a lot of G decks are playing this, this is why!!!! Roselia takes up 2/3 cards of a deck, where as Venus takes up 6-10. More Bang for the Buck!!!!

Yes, this is true, but Venusur doesn't limit you on the types of Energy you can attach. I'm thinking of using it to sit on the bench and allow me to attach 2 energy per turn.... any energy.

Is there anything that can do that?

No, but Venusuar is just out dated, he could be good in some decks, definitely comboed with Magneton, IMO. Get 2 Energy every turn, attach them. Then you might as well add Delcatty for draw too. but since Venus is mostly in Grass decks, Rosellia just replaces him....

Heres an Idea, Latios/Delcatty/Magneton/Venus, though Latios discards 3 a turn, it matches the rest of the deck energy wise (whi I didnt suggest Latias for 2 discard... 2 totally dif types)

Your welcom... Keep Healing Handy... Nurse is great for Latios... No Energy, heal, attach 1-2, and go.... his first attack also does 10 and a Chance to attach a discarded energy, helping keep him powered. With that and Venus, 100 every turn or 2 is easy to do....

Who says you can't use both Venusaur and Roselia? Combo with Latios ex and/or Magneton, and you have yourself a deck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back