Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Whats staying legal?

wonderer

I've heard rumor that when Unleashed comes out in May, all the DP sets will no longer be modified legal. Is this true?
Whats the status of this season's league promos going to be? Are they going to stay legal or phase out?
Just asking cuz it'll change what decks I decide to work on :)

The rotation is made in September - likely, it will be PT-on (from a logic standpoint); however, nothing's been confirmed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the announcement's made June-ish.

Whats the status of this season's league promos going to be? Are they going to stay legal or phase out?

While no-one knows what will be rotated out yet, it is known that if it's Platinum and up then most of the League promos won't be usable.

Nothing, nothing will rotate out until this season is over.

Anyone saying that they "know" what is being rotated out is either lying or a fool.

I have a guess as to what's rotating out and I'll be surprised if that guess is wrong, but that's all it is, a guess.
Until POP announces what the rotation will be, the only thing anyone knows is that it won't be until after Worlds.

A slight thought though, Platinum shares a good bit of its card pool with Stormfront in the Japanese card game. Together they make up Japan's stomefront (Ice Sky).

Its highly likely both will go, or neither.

i'd say that the possible formats will be

a. Pt-on (most logical)
b. GE-on (second most logical)
c. DP-on (not likely, but could happen)
d. RR-on (praying for this to happen)

a. would be most likely what's going to happen. If it doesn't, b or c is bound to happen because you can't take out GE (unown g's set) and not SF (machamp/gengar's set). if that does happen, anything with powers or is basic based -stares at SP- will be a horrid choice. as of d...well, i'm just hoping that they give some people SP, but get rid of power spray, cyrus', e-gain, and poketurn....that would be evil -maniacle laugh-

Really, just think about it. D/P has been around for 3 years now. Platinum however has only been around for about 1 year. I agree with both A and B that ashinto has posted because of coarse, they are the most logical sets to stay in play. Some people at my league believe anything that they are told, and now someone has them thinking that no matter what someone else says that next season will only be Arceus and up. They also though that this season was only platinum and up. So what i have to say is just wait it out, and see what happens because somethime the most logical things arent chosen.

b. GE-on (second most logical)

Just gotta know, but what is even remotely logical about that? If Claydol or Unown G are involved in your answer, please just disregard this question and forget I ever asked.

I think he said GE and on because they were the first d/p set to be released in 2008, resulting in less play time.

PT-on totally makes the most sense.

RR and up, I have to admit, would be nice, without as many SP's - but PT has some pretty awesome cards.

im still new to the tcg, but honestly with all the changes they made with HG/SS, i think it will be HG/SS on, nintendo knows the format has gotten stale, and originality is all but gone. the new sets seem to have a bunch of new tactics, and they are a lot slower.

so thats my opinion, and since i started again i promised i would only but packs of HG/SS on- and purchase singles of the old ones if need be.

im still new to the tcg, but honestly with all the changes they made with HG/SS, i think it will be HG/SS on, nintendo knows the format has gotten stale, and originality is all but gone. the new sets seem to have a bunch of new tactics, and they are a lot slower.

so thats my opinion, and since i started again i promised i would only but packs of HG/SS on- and purchase singles of the old ones if need be.

I'm with you on hoping for an HGSS on cut, but that isn't going to make people magically become original. If anything in fact it will stifle originality. Right now we have 1597 cards from which to choose when making a deck with the highest percentage of players still playing Luxchomp and Gengar. Making the pool of cards smaller will have the opposite effect.

There are so many combos being overlooked right now it's crazy. How many people remember the the deck that ruled right after Neo Sneasel? Misdreavous/Gengar. It was devastating. We have the cards to make that deck again right now and it'd be just as effective, but no one runs it.

Last edited:
that and i wouldn't think that nintendo would make SV and arceus just for us to use for one season of OP and then get rid of them. i'm actually going to be a tad sad when SW is rotated out, it would mean that my that's being played now won't be legal....and no more rosey's.

only once or twice, really?

And Way, I am curious, what was the Misdreaveous/Gengar deck? I wasn't around back then.

Back