Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What's the reason behind your username?

matt2592

As the title says.

Mine is my middle name. There's another person with the exact same name as me in my town and he's also only 1 year younger than me, so I think that's made me use my middle name a lot more than any normal person :D

1) Its my favorite Pokemon.

2) Sandslash was taken. And SS7 rolls off the tongue better than other numbers.

Contrary to popular belief, my username predates League of Legends. When I was first establishing my net presence, my favorite character in stuff was Kaelthas from the Warcraft universe. I went for a respelling of his name.

It got frustrating to explain to people that it's not from League of Legends. Without LoL, my name seems unique and interesting; with it no doubt I look like some kind of fanboy weirdo who likes supermodest angelic warrior girls or something. Idk.

Mine is koltonsdragonite because-

A. kolton'sdragonite doesn't look that great
B. My name's Kolton
C. Dragonite is my favorite pokemon

I used to be bull23924, which was my favorite team, the number of my favorite team's best player, and my birth date. And I thought it looked fugly. So I asked a friend to help me make a new name, as I suck horrifically at anything creative. Keep in mind, this was around 1997 or 1998. He asked me my favorite team: Chicago Bulls. My favorite Pokemon: Gyarados. Gyarabull sounds kinda crappy, so he went with Bullados. And it kinda stuck.

Was something from waaaay back. I like ALL r3x skylines. The car. So i just went with r3skyline.

I use another one as well. but obv not here. other places.

chiefzavala

Because i want to go warrant officer one day in the army.

My name originates from a game me and a bunch of friends played a long time ago. Our entire group used 4 letter usernames, and mine was the abbreviation used for my previous name already, so fools than created a backronym, and corrupted my names meaning.

I kinda like these questions, shows some creativity.

Mine stems from my liking a mythological bird, phoenix, and at the time, i was also into medieval stuff like castles, kingdoms, etc.

I first thought of KingFireBird, but that sounds horrible, and I never thought of myself to be a King, and it sounds a tad conceited. However, I looked at nobility lines, and saw that I mostly related to a Duke, hence DukeFireBird.

I think I might have told this story here before, but if not, here goes...

Back when I was 6 years old, I had a SNES, and an afternoon slot for kindergarten. My favorite game was Top Gear; but I always ended up playing it until the last second before it was time to go. Therefore, I needed a name that I could use quickly to enter my high score and track it. Me being the 6-year-old I was, I just took A B C D and re-arranged it quickly. I really liked the result, and the name has stuck for these past 15 years. It's to the point where I answer to cabd IRL just as often as I answer to my actual name. Most people call me cabd at Pokemon events.

My username is actually yugioh based. Psy is for Psychic which is my favorite type and hero is for my favorite archtype, Elemental Heroes.

When I was 14, I used this name for all the wrong reason's in life. I had obtained an actual gold Mercedes Benz hood ornament and wore it around my neck as part of my swag, and went by the allias for 8 years, until my son was 2 years old and was finally able to break free from the nickname's connections.

Although I still IRL answer to the name to this day, I used the name for everything, including video games, and a handle for internet stuff like e-mail and the sort.

The last time I had any real “trouble” with my nickname was about 2002, when I had been contacted by the police concerning a matter about graffiti, due to the fact that I had created a unique form of writting style that had recently been modified by a group of skate boarders who vandalized numerous locations with graffiti and the name Benzo was written at least 4 times.

I was able to clear myself easily of the suspicions, but was reminded of my past and how ignorant I was at the time.

In a way, the name still holds a level of identity to myself, and Pokemon video games and an old habit of using the nickname- it just sort of sounded nice to continue to put in the nickname for playing as the “good guy” for once as most video games you are fighting the bad guys.

It is nice to know that the name Benzo in the Pokemon VGC world- it means “good guy” to many, yet still strikes fear into those who challange me to a battle :p

I am Jewish, My friend goes to my temple played pokemon with me and came up with that nickname for me sooo yeah

I had a friend during freshman year who was (Messianic) Jewish as well. He had a full beard and went by the nickname Rabbi.

He also coincidentally played Pikachu on Smash Brothers Melee, so we all called him PikaJew when we played.

Back