Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What's Up With the PokeGym Logo and Banner?

PokePop

Administrator
Staff member
The PokeGym has added some new functionality. There have also been a few features that have been added over the past year or so that haven't been properly reflected in the main banner at the top of the site's pages.

Since we've added direct links to these features and the old banner doesn't have artwork for all of them, we have a new banner. Thanks to Prime for putting this together for us, as well as updating our main logo.
We've had the old logo for the entire lifetime of this version of the PokeGym as well as for the entire time that we were the official PokeGym forums that were part of Wizards of the Coast's website, so it's a little sad for us to wave it goodbye, but it was a change that was needed to bring us into compliance with trademark laws.

So, what are the new features on the top banner?

Blogs has been available for about a year, but I'm sure most members weren't aware of it! Check out some of the members blogs, or start your own. Bear in mind that content must meet general site guidelines!

The Researching Tower has been a well used feature, but many members have complained about the difficulty of getting to it as it only had a link on the front page.

Finally, the TCG Search feature is new to the PokeGym. Read the article at this link to learn more about it: http://www.pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=109078
Thanks bbsearch for working with PokeGym on incorporating this feature.

And of course thanks to bulbasnore for all his work in putting this together. Enjoy!

Pop for Team Compendium

I prefer the old logo too... curse you trademark laws! ;_;

I can understand having to lose the PokéBall, but could you maybe slap the accent back on the e? I like Poke-ay-gym a lot better than poke-gym...

I like the clean vectorized look! Are we going to be seeing similar improvements across the whole board? Or just those two graphics?

LOVE the search feature! I've been wanting something like this for ages! :D

Not sure if it's quite as good as pokepedia, but it's a heck of a lot more convenient to get to.

On an interesting side note, is it a glitch with the program, or are there really no Grass resistant pokemon in the current format? I could have sworn there was at least one. lol

According to Pokepedia, there are currently no Grass-resistant Pokemon in the game. And I believe the total number of Grass-resistant Pokemon in the history of this game is less than 100 cards.

I like it. Not sure which I like better, though....

Anyway, GJ Matt, and I'm super happy with the 'Tops in the banner. = )

EDIT: Also lovin the TCG Search Database.

Last edited:
they probably ran into a copyright issues using the pokeball xD
that's 'funny'? and uhhhmmm, isn't that what 'pop *said* in the OP?
We've had the old logo for the entire lifetime of this version of the PokeGym as well as for the entire time that we were the official PokeGym forums that were part of Wizards of the Coast's website, so it's a little sad for us to wave it goodbye, but it was a change that was needed to bring us into compliance with trademark laws.
'mom

I miss the old banner...still, I guess it had to be done :(

And how do the blogs work? I click on the blog link and can't find any option to make one or make a post or anything? :confused:

Back