Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Wheatridge Colorado, 1st Place 10-0 Report (Masters)

PokeMontoya

Wheatridge, Colorado 1/6/2007

Hi folks PokeMontoya here with a 10-0 Cities Report.
Man what a Day I tell you. I had chosen to play Flaridos but after much discussion with my girlfriend she ended up using it. I had a few other choices. My Flygon EX d that I had already won with, my Lati@s deck that still in the works, Luna/Rock which my son ended up using and taking 3rd with, or I also had Char/Gon which I had only been using for week. I used Char/Gon. LOL

Round 1

I got a BYE LMAO Free win 1-0

Round 2

This guy was a Poke Parent who was playing in his first tourney. He Mulliganed once showing me an Emerald Blaziken and a Quilava. He gets a poke next draw and I have only a Charmander so we get started. I go first attach and scratch for 10. He only has Cyndaquil he attaches and get heads on paralyze. I play Holon Researcher for Charmeleaon and attach DRE and do 40 for the game. 2-0

Round 3 Matt Y. with Kingdra d and Arbok d

I have to go second but I draw Mander and the Zard and a DRE and an electric. Go figure he mulligans, I top deck a candy. I figure I’ll go for the first turn win. He gets a basic and plays horsea and holon lake and use it to get ekans. I candy to zard and wiff the peal of thunder so I attach DRE and totally forget that I can use holon lake. I get going finally after he has a good bench and an arbok ready to attack I get at least 2 kos before he gets one then my next zard takes the next 2 and he benches out. 3-0

Round 4 Final Rd of Swiss Mike Perreuca with Scizor and Eeveelutions
OMG Ever since I started in this game this is the match up I always dread. Lots of you know Mike and know how good a player he is. What you don’t know is how nortoriously lucky he is against me and how much I worry about making a mistake against him. This goes all the way back to states 3 years ago. I’m dying to turn 1 him but I don’t even come close to getting the cards but I have good hand to set up and Delta sign with fearrow is hotness. So he uses twin play and gets some scythers I mentor for Mander, mander and Trapinch and I delta draw. He gets a sczior and steel wings my castform. I get fearrow on a candy and start signing and delta draw again. He kos my casty and I send up flygon d and give him swift to get past steel wing and metal giving him a 50 with DRE. I think he steel winged me again. I retreat flygon and send in the big gun 120+50 from before minus 30 still Ko’s a Scizor. I don’t remember the rest but he claims to have made a mistake and he never saw an eevee the entire game. 4-0

I am top seed in the playoffs. Not sure how since there was another undefeated and I had a bye.

Playoffs vs Curt G with Sceptile EX d and Dusclops CG
Good concept for a deck needs tweaks and Battle Frontier. We cant OHKO each other and he can stop my DREs and Castforms so I have to do it on the bench and use Peal of Thunders I out maneuver him both games to advance. 6-0

Semi-Finals vs Mike Perruca Again!!
OK now I’m really worried about my chances. Beating him in swiss is one thing but in a two out of 3 for me is unheard of. We get going I get early prizes and he must not have had anything cause he concedes after about 10 mins. Game 2 I finally see and eeveelution from him. He Evolutionary swirls me and plays a legacy. Too bad for him I draw a windstorm. I get the scizor out and he brings out the next scyther and twin plays and drops another legacy. But little did he know I had the 2nd windstorm in hand. I draw play the windstorm and he concedes again. Luck has finally turned to my side. 8-0

Finals Paul K Playing Flygon EX d with Flygon d and Jolty and Espy

This was crazy seeing how the week before I stopped down in springs and ended up helping him fix his deck so it was a lot more like the version I used when I won at Loveland. It was kinda unfair since I knew exactly every card in the deck so Knew what I needed to do to win and what to avoid. He also had a 1-1 Fearrow in the deck which I couldn’t fit in my version. I never saw it the first game and the 110-120 shots to even a 150 HP poke are too much to handle. The second game was much closer but a mistake discarding a rare candy cost him the game. 10-0

So there it is My first ever fully undefeated Tourny and second CC win of the season

Props
Ron for giving us a top 8 this time
Wayne for giving me a His last doughnut.MMM Sprinkles
Good Times for Big Daddy
Anny and Dante for being there and doing pretty well themselves

Slops
People not having transceivers in their decks that could help them win.
My deck for not having a Holon Lass.
Me Forgetting to put a Holon Farmer in my son’s Deck.

HOLLA

Last edited:
Good report!

Yesterday was alotta fun for everyone. It went real smooth.

There were some surprises with ppl changing their standard decks, and not doing well.

The other winners were:

Pablo K - Seniors
Cole G - Juniors (first win!)

Gj Adrian.

If Anny didn't have such bad beats drawing the Ariados it would have been a much closer game. All three of you rocked it, though.

Nuggets lost =/

here <3

never ask for love here again.

good job though 10-0 is very impressive!!!

Props to you man! you forgot props to me for beating bandoom, you forgot to add that in. :p

good job again, i look forward to this weekend!!!

and good question, how DID you get top seed with a bye when i was undefeated and played all the rounds.... weird :/ anyway!!!! good job, i would rather have played Curt than Paul though, flygod always scares me.(that and him making me mulligan 3 times each match :p) he played good, i got to give him props on that, and for taking second no less! that was awesome.

Back