Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

When did Stats stop being open?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an article about Saturdays City Championship.
http://www.courierpress.com/news/2011/dec/03/no-headline---ev_pokemon/

If you read here

to earn points to advance to the state competition.

Winners at Saturday's City Championships were to be named in three different age groups. Those players could advance to state-level competition if they scored well enough.

I was under the impressn that States was still an Open tournament only Nationals was now required points to get in when did this change

Is it possible that a journalist could have published something inaccurate?

:eek:

everything that was open is still open, unless everyone took great effort to not get me to know, which idk why they would....i'm not super good.. haha

I am just going to take a wild guess, and say that is false information. The guy writing it seems to be a fairly bad journalist. His article in the link is written horribly and jumps around ideas with no cohesiveness. The journalist probably didn't fact check anything, possibly made up that fact, or didn't ask for clarification on something someone told him about that.

I'll be honest, I would never take what the journalist says to be worth ANYTHING... I mean, the article about our Regional said that the players were trying to earn an invitation to Nationals in Hawaii…

Yeah…

Posted with Mobile style...

This is an article about Saturdays City Championship.
http://www.courierpress.com/news/2011/dec/03/no-headline---ev_pokemon/

If you read here

I was under the impressn that States was still an Open tournament only Nationals was now required points to get in when did this change

The article is chock full of errors. I have been to league at this location, as this is my hometown. I visit when I go home to visit the family. The PTO is Monti, he is not the owner of Comic Quest. That is just one example of the errors.

The store and playing area is actually very cool, if you ever get the chance to stop by.

Keith

The article is chock full of errors. I have been to league at this location, as this is my hometown. I visit when I go home to visit the family. The PTO is Monti, he is not the owner of Comic Quest. That is just one example of the errors.

The store and playing area is actually very cool, if you ever get the chance to stop by.

Keith

I go to CQ all the time for Yugioh and I know Monti not the owner. I just wanted to make sure. The article is also in the newspaper with the same thing so I think some one needs to get a hold of this newspaper and ask them to re check there facts before printing out an article like this

If you're trying to get a correction printed (not a great chance, but worth a shot), I think the best person to have send it in is the TO or other tournament staff.

This article is very poorly written. I could spot a few grammatical errors (including one right in the title). It is clear that the writer didn't care much about accuracy as he would actually fact check some of the things he wrote about. Probably what he meant to say was that States was the next level up from cities >.<

Lesson to be learned: trust pokemon.com... not some reporter on the outside.

the article about our Regional said that the players were trying to earn an invitation to Nationals in Hawaii…

That's probably what they told the reporter, unless it was FOX News.

TONIGHT ON FOX NEWS: FREELOADING KIDS THINK THEY'RE ENTITLED TO PREMIER EVENTS

That's probably what they told the reporter, unless it was FOX News.

TONIGHT ON FOX NEWS: FREELOADING KIDS THINK THEY'RE ENTITLED TO PREMIER EVENTS

Nice title for your story there! As for the interview, that may've been the case (Although I think it actually WAS Fox News' article), however my TO commented on the article almost instantly saying it was Worlds in Hawaii. Since my TO was the one interviewed, I'm think he knew when Worlds was and Where, but yeah, it's pointless anyway...

Again, really like the title!

I looked up a few of there other articles on Pokemon and they do not fact check they says in 1 article a winner of worlds could recive a $100,000 In another they say Pokemon was founded by Nintendo in the 80s and in another it says a player has to win a City Championship to play in the world championship.

Who ever does there articles for them really need to do some fact checking.

I think this should be a leason to ever one If you are going to have an article about your tournament printed in the Paper make sure they get all the facts right before they print it.

If the mod want to lock this They can I just wondering I read it in the paper and I thought me off because I thought they were still open you figured a paper like this one would at less checked to make sure all the facts were right before they print it up

Is it possible that a journalist could have published something inaccurate?

:eek:

No, not in America. If it is in the newspaper, it must be true. Further, all journalists are required to be technical experts on the stories they cover, so as to ruthlessly eliminate errors. Also, the reporters on Pokemon are top-notch, Dan Rather material. The 22 year old with a BA in journalism is out covering Afghanistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back