When will the 'magic' disappears?

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by lunatone_solrock, Apr 15, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. lunatone_solrock

lunatone_solrock New Member

I have an Absol and it's doing great.
    One of it's attacks, Magic Coat does a wonderful job.
    My question is: How long does the Magic Coat effect stays? And If Absol is knocked out, will the effect protects my next Pokemon?

2. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

I believe Magic coat last for the turn it is used only....

Funny how it 'works' on Leech Seed, but it really doesnt...

3. Ham12

Ham12 New Member

Maybe leech seed does work; certain pokemon have an immunity to it, most notably the ones that learn it...

Come to think of it, does anyone know what the rule is for leech seed immunity?

4. I think all pokemon that have advantage over grass may dodge it at times but i'm not sure.We need a game expert.

5. Hot Mustid

Hot Mustid New Member

i belive its any grass pokemon, thats it. i dont think anyone else has immunity to it, and i guess i am a game expert of sorts

6. I'll believe you.

7. Swmpert 2004

Swmpert 2004 New Member

Do you mean Magical Leaf, Miror Coat, or like you said; Magic Coat? And if you mean Magic Coat, What does it do?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2004
  8. Ham12

Ham12 New Member

Magic coat reflects moves like confuse ray, leech seed, sleep powder, etc. (at least I think)

For a list worthy of drool, vist www.serebii.net, go to Video Games [ruby/sapphire] and click Pokesections [attack list]. The directions may be bad, but if you can't find it I'm sure someone else knows how to give you a link...

9. lunatone_solrock

lunatone_solrock New Member

.......Huh!
    That's shocking!
    Only one turn?

10. Swmpert 2004

Swmpert 2004 New Member

Thanks. Heres A better link.

Thanks heres a better link.

11. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

I am darn near positive it last for the duration of the turn you use it only... and being a game expert of sorts, on the matter of leech seed, the only Pokemon that can always avoid the Seed is a Grass type, which coincidentily enough is the only type that can learn Leech Seed (I cant think of a single Pokemon who can leech seed that isnt Grass type, I could be wrong)...

This attack isnt the best, but it is a great suprise move of sorts. Allows you to dodge the Status, and generally inflict it on opponent....

Funny side notes...

A poison, or steel type, or pokemon with immunity would be uneffected by poison

Fire types, or Pokemon with Water Veil wouldnt be burned

Insomnia/Vital Spirit ability wouldnt allow sleep

and Grass with leech seed of course

funny thing I wanna try... If you get Magic coated and you have Syncronize, would Opponent be inflicted anyways???