Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Where do you buy your cards?

Mudkipper

Walmart?
Toywiz?
Ebay?

Name your spot.
Im a returning collector thats been away for years. I want to get back into it and would like to know any recommended places to purchase them from

I have no idea why anyone would waste money on packs outside of drafting. It's pointless.

Anyway, I tend to hunt at prereleases for my cards. True, they only happen every few months, but a lot of dealers are willing to sell for less at such events because it draws a more casual crowd. I've found some pretty good deals this way, such as "only" $20 for a dual land that's normally like $30. I dunno if it's the same in Pokémon but it's not my problem if it isn't.

I get most of my cards at prereleases; but I am first, a Professor; second, a collector; and finally third, a player. So aside from my strong sense of duty to the game, my main goal is to collect sets. As such, I cannot complete it by just the prerelease packs. I have also come to find that it is cheaper to buy full boxes than individual cards. So, I usually buy a box or two of the most recent set that my local card shop orders in for me. It is very sinergetic. I get my cards cheap while making it worth my card shops while to run a Pokemon League. They know if they lose the league, they lose my business (as well as the business of the other 3 people who buy boxes from them).

Mine is mainly either ebay or my local store. Buying off people here is also an option for me :)

I used to buy from eBay, very cheap, but I don't think I'll be putting anymore money into Pokemon.

i but cards at Target mostly, but sometimes i will go to Disposible Heros while i'm on my league lunch/dinner break, that is if i have cash on me and if i do enough for the pack and a root beer (i like my root beer before my 3rd game, it refreshes me).

For boosters I like to support the local card shop that supports the league. Pre-releases are a good deal. Finally, for singles, I try to connect with local players who also sell cards.

Fun fact: I just got a playset (read: four) of a $20 card for $10 each plus a mediocre rare I tossed in at the last Magic prerelease, so that's like an effective $45-50 for $80 worth of cards.

Truly, prereleases are awesome for deals.

Back