Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Where should US Nats be?

shamu549

Nats should be in Boston because the East coast has no major events and it gets ignored. Please tell me whee you think nats should be?

To be honest, I loved Indianapolis and I see no reason why they should move, other then because of booking issues and money.
As much as I would love to see Nationals here on the East Coast, I think moving to a different spot is unnecessary.

Not to mention there were a ton of hotels CONNECTED to the convention center, a mall with tons of food and other stuff a block away, etc.

Last edited:
Boston has terrible hotels and is an awful choice. The Hynes Convention Center and Bayside Expo Center are both mediocre and the better of the two, Bayside, is hard to access from downtown Boston.

Keep it in Indy.

There is no way the East cost gets ignored! It is considered one of the most competitive regions!

Anyway I agree it should be kept in Indy, it is more centrally located than Boston would be.

I heard very little, if any, complaints about the city of Indy as the nats location. Honestly, I liked it so much, as do I believe most of the Pokefolks did, that it should stay right where it is.

I loved Indy, its easy to fly too, theres ALOT of hotels right near the convention center. There was a TON of space in the convention center. HOnestly I dont see why they would even want to move it.

Boston has terrible hotels and is an awful choice. The Hynes Convention Center and Bayside Expo Center are both mediocre and the better of the two, Bayside, is hard to access from downtown Boston.

Keep it in Indy.

Have you even been to the Back Bay of Boston?

kthxbai

Have you even been to the Back Bay of Boston?

kthxbai

Um, I live right outside of Boston and I go to school in Boston, I assure you I've been there multiple times.

The Bayside Expo isn't in the Back Bay; it's in Dorchester right off the highway. Pokémon Rocks America was held there several years back. If Nats were to be held there, basically everyone would have to ride the T there, which is not up to some people's cleanliness standards (I ride it everyday) and betting a potential DQ on the reliability of Boston's public transportation isn't a great idea.

The Hynes Convention Center is by the prudential in Downtown Boston. It's more accessible than Bayside (although on the T you'd still have to switch to the Green Line, in fact, I'm pretty sure only the B line goes to Hynes) but Boston's few hotel options leave many people shelling out insane amounts of money at the Harbor Hotel.

Boston is a terrible place for nats.

Don't forget the new Boston Convention Center which is nicer than both the Hynes and Bayside. But it's a short hike from South Station. But I agree that Boston isn't centrally located enough and too expensive.

Personally, I'd prefer a more destination-ish location than Indy so I can make it a family vacation either before or after Nats. The highlights of Indy's tourism website don't scream family fun (except the Children's museum) for 6 + 9 year olds. Did anyone go for more than just Pokemon and was there enough to do?

I really doubt that it will move from Indy. Although, to beat a dead horse, the East Coast deserves a major event.

BTW, OUTSTANDING avatar, SD PokeMom.

I gotta add another Indianapolis was amazing.

he only plave that could possible be better would be Orlando, since it's practically my backyard. :-D

The homer in me wants it to be...

1. Navy Pier. You can't really get much more publicity than one of the most famous shopping malls in the world. Hotels aren't too far from the Pier, public transportation is relatively reliable for such a large city, and parking isn't terrible in price.

2. McCormick Place. If you want pure size, it'll be difficult to go much bigger than this. They hold an auto show here every year, with virtually every auto maker in the world participating in some way, shape, or form. The hotel situation nearby isn't terrible, and there's some pretty decent transportation options in the area.

3. Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL. This is my personal favorite place, even though nobody ever thinks about it. The rooms are massive. The hotels are close by, and a couple have skywalks to the Center. There's reasonable food fairly close. It's RIGHT next to O'Hare International, just hop on the subway from the airport and it's one of the first stops you come to. And parking is very reasonable if you know where to park (subway station, $5). They hold Wizard World Chicago here every year, and there's plenty of room for that massive convention.

Though, I agree that Indy was a fantastic choice for everybody involved. If it's not going to be moved to Chicago, Indy is probably the best choice I can think of.

I seriously loved Indy, and would be more than happy if they had it there again.

But I wouldn't mind it at all if it was somewhere on the East Coast.... ;)

While I would absolutely LOVE it to be on the East Coast for once (yeah, I'm from nc ^^') I'd be happy if it was at least mid-way between coasts. v^^

Back