Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

where will be the nats in uk this year

They were trying to get it in Thorpe Park, Surrey - but thats just speculation at the moment.

They were trying to get it in Thorpe Park, Surrey - but thats just speculation at the moment.

speculation and nothing more - nothing official has been put out yet or confirmed by us.

However they will be on 30th May 2009, judges have been picked......

Hmmm......could be close to an announcement on this

I am making an official post on this at the end of February on this very board and via Pokemon World.

So wait and see! :smile:

Whatever happened to Woburn Park?

That was a really good venue where you could easily refresh yourself with a nice walk in between matches.

Whatever happened to Woburn Park?

That was a really good venue where you could easily refresh yourself with a nice walk in between matches.

Ouch and it was needed not an easy journey by road and rail was a nightmare with no local station.. plus it was getting cramped there too ..

New OP now warrants a New Nationals Venue :D

Can't wait to find out .. I am so excited :biggrin:

If it's thorpe park it's not exactly going to be empty. HAVE YOU TRIED QUEING ??!?!??!!?!!??! It's like 2 hours to get into the entrance. It has to be in the midlands IMO. Not just because I live there, but it's an equal journey for everyone as it's right in the middle of the country.

If it's thorpe park it's not exactly going to be empty. HAVE YOU TRIED QUEING ??!?!??!!?!!??! It's like 2 hours to get into the entrance. It has to be in the midlands IMO. Not just because I live there, but it's an equal journey for everyone as it's right in the middle of the country.

Ummmm.....IF this was being held at Thorpe Park, and this is not a confirmation- why would you have queing? Locgially would have your own way in as you are there for the POKEMON NATIONALS and not to go into the theme park?

Will Ian F be a judge, i feel he has helped me with a lot of important rulings?

and also, any news on upcoming tournaments, states ect?

So the UK Nationals will be on 30th May? Just need super confirmation so a few of us in manchester can book holidays.

It was in Pokemon World as the 30th May and I believe it has just been confirmed again with them as 30th of May too - so my guess would be that 30th May is a pretty solid date :wink:

Will Ian F be a judge, i feel he has helped me with a lot of important rulings?

and also, any news on upcoming tournaments, states ect?

Details of states AND Battle Roads will be up as shortly - looking at the weekend for this. :)

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

So the UK Nationals will be on 30th May? Just need super confirmation so a few of us in manchester can book holidays.

Bar a cape and an "s" shield on it's chest - take this as a YES it is on the 30th of May 2009.

Last edited:
Bar a cape and an "s" shield on it's chest - take this as a YES it is on the 30th of May 2009.

Ah man, I have such a busy couple of week's around that time... Work experience, Practice exams, revision and Whatever tournaments are around that time aswell around that time. I will cram it all in.

Just to ask, when will regionals be, and if so whats the difference between them and States, its something i've never really understood??

Luke:confused:

Ah man, I have such a busy couple of week's around that time... Work experience, Practice exams, revision and Whatever tournaments are around that time aswell around that time. I will cram it all in.

Just to ask, when will regionals be, and if so whats the difference between them and States, its something i've never really understood??

Luke:confused:

Kk

Regionals - Only in the US

States (Which is what we run) - High K value events.

Think of it this way:

In order of K Value

Battle Roads
City Championships
(Battle Royale - 12k)
State Championships
Nationals

For many years the States in the UK were called incorrectly Regionals .

Do any of you know when the announcment for the date and venue for nationals will be?

hate to be a pain with this, but a large group of us from Cardiff wish to attend, but need information so we can book a mini van and accomodation with enough notice.

Cheers

Chris

Due to circumstances beyond our control the info on the Nationals is on "hold" until further notice. I can say, IT IS NOT THORPE PARK. Also in regards to the date, this could now be earlier (Around the 16th) - aim for mid to late May.

As soon as I have concrete information for you guys I will let you know on a new post.

However we are still taking pre registration so continue to use [email protected]

Thanks

Chris Sparks

D & A Games

Back