Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

which deck for BR?

L00p_H01eS

i have about 6-7 decks... dont know what to run for BR

1)inferncatty (with the lvl X and 4-5 delcatty line 2 exs)
2)emopoleon (1-0-1 of infernape)
3)mario (witht he lucario lvl X)
4)turn tune(4 NM no TSD)
5)hurricane (gatr MT + delcatty pk + megnaton pk)
6)delta aura ( gatr DF + queen DF + eggs HP) yes casty start and yes 1-1 cloyster
7)speedos (luvdisc + mawhile CG + gyarados MT)

my current meta games are

some inferncatty, hurricane, empoleon, delta aura, and R_gon

I tried kricketune and its horrible. Mulligans, the trainers become dead mid-late game. Any stage 2 pokemon can give kricketune trouble since kricketune 2HKO's any stage 2 pokemon and kricketune dies quickly. Please dont play that deck unless your a beginner

1)inferncatty

No, Because it won't OHKO most things this format and thake away alot of its power
2)emopoleon

Good choice except no infernape it dosn't counter anything this format except the occasionally torterra
3)mario

No, to much luck involved
4)turn tune

good Choice very consistent beats most of you metagame. Infernape is 50-50 other wise your good
5)hurricane

IDK haven't tested it or against it.
6)delta aura

no not while you can use empoleon or tune

7)speedos

I have seems to prown to getting hurt by CC i wouldn't use it.

So yea IMO either empoleon or T2K

I would use either Hurricane or Empoleon.

Hurricane consistantly beats R-gon, I havent tested it against delta aura, but looking at what it uses, it should win this one to. hurricane also can beat Empoleon and Infernape.

Empoleon is another good deck to use. I would say bring both to the tourny, have both deck lists writen out before hand, and try to find out what typs of deck other ppl. have. If it's lots of r-gon and other les disruptive decks use Hurricane, if not use Empoleon.

very well

1)inferncatty (with the lvl X and 4-5 delcatty line 2 exs)

empoleon and r-gon will give this deck a pain (r-gon probably still runs the mew * tech for ape)
i would not recoment this for your metagame

2)emopoleon (1-0-1 of infernape)

empoleon sure, but the ape tech is not a good idea
ape was there to dismantle scizor ex, who is out of the format
try lucario or roserade intead
this could work in your metagame

3)mario (witht he lucario lvl X)

the biggest problem with this deck is the glaring double psychic weakness
id recommend going with rampardos over machamp
this could work in your metagame

4)turn tune(4 NM no TSD)

no
empoleon and r-gon take this deck apart when they setup
not recommended

5)hurricane (gatr MT + delcatty pk + megnaton pk)

hurricane is very prone to wager crystal lock
i wouldnt recommend this either

6)delta aura ( gatr DF + queen DF + eggs HP) yes casty start and yes 1-1 cloyster

interesting idea
it could work, but take out the cloyster
most snipers in this format can use CC to get around it, ull often find it to be a waste of space
and btw, dont use holon castform as a starter for this deck, without the holon engine it fails
this could work for your metagame

7)speedos (luvdisc + mawhile CG + gyarados MT)

another interesting idea
im going to say no just because gyrados isnt that good, cc lock renders him almost useless, and magikarp is a terrible start

so, we are left with 2, 3, and 6
id personally you recommend you test all 3 and see which one you like best
if you still are having problems, post them here, i will be happy to assist
NOW can i go back to spamming?

There were about 6 spammers here!
Cut it out or prepare to be whacked!

Back to helping the OP, please.

Wow that is pretty hardcore having 7 decks when the season just started! I like InferCatty a lot. It is fast and has good power late-game. I also would like to congratulate you for playing the Delcatty line 4-3-2. That makes the deck more stable. I wouldn't use one of those new decks just yet, you won't have enough experience using them. I don't really understand the strategy between Hurricane quite yet, so I'll get back to you on that one! But I do know that Ape Cat is awesome. Awesome decks are the play! :)

What is Delta Aura? I saw that listed in your metagame selects and have no idea what it is.

What is Delta Aura? I saw that listed in your metagame selects and have no idea what it is.

As seen in the original post.

I really like the idea of Speedos... actually...

Let's see, make sure you're Mawiling for the turn 1 Cessation Crystal to block the opponent, then pull out a Battle Frontier and begin attacking with Gyrados. Even better if the opponent's already spread damage onto him... Plus massive HP on a stage 1.

What's not to like? Should Cessation Crystal and sniping of bench become an issue, you Scramble Energy. Whoops. 80 damage.

Back