Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Which holon do you play?

Matias

The classic Electrode/Magneton or the new Castform?
At prerelease, I realized that castform has the advantage of being serched by mentor, lannete, great ball, etc. However, what would happend if you HAVE to start with a lone Castform????
I personally stick to Electrode.

I previously ran Electrode in my deck, but with a bit of tweaking, I've switched to the Castform, and even the lone Castform start doesn't scare me anymore.

I previously ran 10 Basics, giving me a just under a 75% chance of pulling a Basic in my opening hand. By swapping out my 2 Electrodes for Castforms, moving to 12 Basics increases my chances to just under 81%. In addition, I was able to swap out 5 of my Pokés for their 'δ' equivalent, giving me the opportunity to use Delta Draw if my Castform ends up in the active position. I've even got the opportunity to switch out 3 evolutions for the 'δ' equivalent if i decide I want to.

Given my odds of drawing Basics in my opening hand, combined with the draw/search trainers I run, even a lone Castform start should be given some backup by T2, T3 definitely at the latest.

Reduced mulligans, a decent attack to build my hand with minor deck modifications? Give me Castform!

S.

I run Magneton in my decks(mainly Medicham EX), but have considered Castform. But Ton is just a preference between Ton and Trode for me.

I agree with charking, I like Magneton better than Electrode. But Castform will be used mainly in decks with (I cant make the delta sign :frown:)

Playing Castform also gives you a good starter, so if you are playing a delta deck, you should definitely at least TRY it out. You can always stick to Electrode/Magneton.

Umbreon777 said:
Yes, I agree that Castform δ will dominate the new metagame. But LBS will still use Electrode.

Castform is not a delta species Pokemon.

It'a Holons Castform. Like Holons Electrode and Holons Magneton. None of them are delta.

Holons trode > magneton, it just looks better...

Castform is a very good play right now as a starter, try replacing your basics with delta versions, to capitaise on draw, energy and still keep the basic core of the deck.

Flaming_Spinach said:
Castform is not a delta species Pokemon.

It'a Holons Castform. Like Holons Electrode and Holons Magneton. None of them are delta.

I know its not δ, but that doesnt mean it doesnt benefit from them!

I would've gone for both. The ability to search for them with either Mentor or Elm is just too good to pass up. Unless you're talking Celio's Network assisted decks which I feel do not need Castform.

Unless you are playing a deck with a lot of delta species pokemon, you run Trode or Magneton. Never Castform.

However, I must agree with Kempley that holons electrode >>>>>>>>>>> holon magneton.

Honestly, if you play holon magneton, you're a noob:rolleyes:

ixidor89 said:
Unless you are playing a deck with a lot of delta species pokemon, you run Trode or Magneton. Never Castform.

However, I must agree with Kempley that holons electrode >>>>>>>>>>> holon magneton.

Honestly, if you play holon magneton, you're a noob:rolleyes:

I agree with you on that Electrode>>>Magneton just 'cause of the picture, but the n00b part...:thumb:

I play the one that I have. Its not really a choice for me. I dont actually care. But will I get segregated for playing Ton at the Gym Challenge?

Back