Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Which of these three?

PokePockets

I got to thinking yesterday to probably the three biggest "omg, a noob could win win this" decks and I was wondering, as Pokemon Players, which of them do you find the most irritating to see played?

The three decks I talk about of course are:
Gengar
Machamp

and of course when you put them together...

GeChamp

Discuss

ugh I hate all three... if I had to choose one i hated most it would have to be Gengar because it's got fainting spell and everything...

I play both of them for fun and for tourney's (Well at least Machamp) I don't find them irratating even if I play against them wheter or not I am using them in my deck at the moment. If I had to say one was annoying I guess I would say Gengar but I agree with Prodigal Fanboy saying they are both valid decks and aren't that much of a problem. I mean wheter it was them or not you could still have the same type of idea of a problem.

Gengar. It's not hard to win against, really, but it's ANNOYING to do so. Working around his 3 abilities wins you the match, but it's frustrating.

...There's a bit of a difference between "Well, any noob could play this" and "...Geez, I hate to play against this deck."

Absolutely my top hate is Gengar. Fainting Spell being able to take a prize is a tad too much overkill, especially if they have a bench squatting Nidoqueen making Uxie, Crobat G drops, and Poison ALL effectively useless. But actually getting it to set up takes a smidge of skill, and being able to actually use the right attack takes a minute to think. So although I can't do anything but sigh as my opponent takes three prizes from Fainting Spell, another two from merely Crobat G + Snipe for one energy onto two different Uxies, and then a third by pinging Claydol, at least I have some semblence of respect. Some.

Machamp though? How much thought is it? "A basic. Take out." "A pokemon that's not a basic. Hurricane Punch flip three heads." "I need to do 100 damage. Level up and Take out for 100." "You have a weavile sitting active and are building a Tyranitar on the bench. My deck can't do anything to stop that except MAAAAAYBE PokeDrawer+ and even that's a stretch."
Just a dumb card. Its not particularly flexible, it just slams the active with whatever coinflips and LV.X drops can pull off. :/

GeChamp though... Seems like an inferior deck to Gengar/Nidoqueen, and probably not aaas frustrating (especially since getting two Stage 2s to work together correctly even if both of them are donkers takes a fairly decent understanding of how to build a list.)

machamp pwnt the riegionals, and i also believe that Take out is super haxxxxxxxx.
although unknown G may stop it, that makes them unable to attach an Energy Gain, thus causing them to lose speed and goodness.
FIN

machamp is a omg even a nub can win with this deck as it takes no major thinking skills to just take out/hurricane punch. gengar on the other hand takes a bit of math and 2 steps a head thinking sometimes esp when you playing decks that deal in btwn damage like g toolbox and prolly blazetran.

personally i dont see machamp as scary as some unless they get the t1 donk then i get mad, but thats the strat half the time. i find gengars setup to be a lot more scary. getting around that pokepower now that queen is teched in just made everything 10 times harder than it alrdy was. but its still possible and theres also alot of ways to get around queen (aka dialga g.)

Back