Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Which set, what card, and how holo?

Staf

I've got a few cards with a Lucario for the set symbol. What set is it from, are there any other 'Pokemon' sets, and when did it come out?

I'm missing DP25. I have DP24 and DP26, but I can't find what card it is and how to obtain it. I'd assume you'd buy it like every other promo so far.

How holo should the rest of a holo card be? I thought it was limited to the picture alone, but my SW Blastoise card has the holo circles on the rest of it in the right light, and my SW Gallade has it very visibly everywhere.

Last edited:
I've got a few cards with a Lucario for the set symbol. What set is it from, are there any other 'Pokemon' sets, and when did it come out?

That's from the Diamond and Pearl Trainer Kit - a set of two 30-card decks useful for new players. The other deck from this kit features Manaphy, and there were two EX Trainer Kits, featuring Latios/Latias and Plusle/Minun.

I'm missing DP25. I have DP24 and DP26, but I can't find what card it is and how to obtain it. I'd assume you'd buy it like every other promo so far.
DP25 is yet another reprint of Tropical Wind. It was given out only at Worlds this year, in a set of seven cards in seven languages. The only way to get it at this point would be eBay or trading for it here. There are a few listed on eBay now... looking at the few listings that have already completed, you can expect either a staff-stamped single or a regular complete set to sell for $200-300, though I would expect this to decrease marginally as more go up for sale.
How holo should the rest of a holo card be? I thought it was limited to the picture alone, but my SW Blastoise card has the holo circles on the rest of it in the right light, and my SW Gallade has it very visibly everywhere.
A lot of holos seem to have this, especially in Secret Wonders. As far as I know, it doesn't have any effect on value.

Back