Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Which Set?

Idling_Crisis

I am trying to get back into the game after beening out since the NEO sets. I am wondering which sets are the best of all the new sets? Top 3 sets would be enough, so I can try to collect from those sets.

Thanks,
Idling_Crisis

Last edited:
asking us which cards are good cards is pointless. There's no such thing as a "good card," because it all depends on context.
Now, if you were to ask us which set can you find cards to help you beat "Rock-Lock", "LudiCargo", or "BLS" then that would give us some more info. This is a TCG we're talking about. There are so many different scenarios a player has to deal with.
Your question is too vague.

I think he just wants to know what sets have good pokemon, and good trade value, so he can buy those sets' boosters.

FRLG
TRR
UF

FRLG has Blastoise ex(Worth a lot) and Charizard ex(Worth even more)

TRR has some very sought after trainers like R. Admin. and Pow! HE

UF has the all-powerfully rare Lugia ex and Steelix ex

IMO UF is the best box to get.

It has three *pokemon.
Blissey ex, Espeon ex, Feraligatr ex, Ho-Oh ex, Lugia ex, Meganium ex, Politoed ex, Scizor ex, Steelix ex, Typhlosion ex , Tyranitar ex, Umbreon ex

And you get three of the above pokemon. Lugia and steelix are two of the most valuable and popular exs, worth more than Blastoise, and Lugia is worth more than Charizard. It is DEFINITELY the best box.

Every one of those ex's is tradeable, and some, like blissey/scizor/lugia/steelix/espeon can get you a lot of trade value.

Let's not forget it has all the special energies, trainers like PETM, Protective Orb, and cool holos like Ariados, Typhlosion, Bellossom, Slowking, Houndoom, and Poygon2.

If you are going to be buying packs, buy UF hands down.

moza & ryanvergel have answered the way you should answer - with reasons. Let's not turn this into a poll.....

Actually, I think EM has the greatest trading potential simply because some ppl trade holos for the basic NRG out of there...

charking said:
Actually, I think EM has the greatest trading potential simply because some ppl trade holos for the basic NRG out of there...

Matrix Energy are cool and make good trades but the set in general is a bit meh.

I'd say Unseen Forces would be the best box to get. Team Rocket Returns and Fire Red Leaf Green are great sets too but they will most likely both get rotated out soon and be unplayable (apart from reprints, of course.)

pokedoll said:
Matrix Energy are cool and make good trades but the set in general is a bit meh.
I said EM's the best set for cards to trade. If the cards were the best, would you want to trade them?:tongue:

Back