Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

"Whiff"

Bobby

I go 5-3 in swiss with Ambush, losing to...

1) a hand with 3 cursed stones against Mario
2) getting T1'd by a Shiftry ex PK
3) Lone cubone against ANOTHER Shiftry ex PK (but hey, I did 100 damage with a CUBONE!)

My wins included 3 Flariados (huh?), a Lapras LM/Persian DS deck, and one Spread. Not a single Infernape, Metanite, or Flygon. To finish it off, I ended up in everyone's favorite spot:

33rd.

I have sour grapes.

I think I could have taken that tourney had I made cut, but it looks like I have my trip anyway, so it's all good. Congratulations to everyone, this week was CRAZY.

PROPS:
-Zach Fisher and Kyle Sabelhaus for helping me test the deck.
-Garrett, you make me proud man, when I met you a year ago I would never have imagined you'd be right up there in finals the year after me. Good job <3
-John Silvestro, after everything that has happened this year, REALLY deserved the trip. Good playing this weekend.
-Kyle, Aaron, Twitchy, Jim, Matt, Mike, the rest of that group, nats was fun despite my disappointing miss of cut, you guys are amazing.
-Ryan, Alex, Chris, Zach, Omar, and the rest of you guys for the support and decks and everything you guys have helped me with this year. ILU all :)
-Jeremy's 3rd place. What a good player, UGH.
-Elissa. I love her.
-Wheelchairs.
-FLORIDA!
-AMBUSH for being sooo good!
-Cubone for doing 100 damage with one attack.
-Jimmy Ballard for creating Ambush.

SLOPS:
-PENALTIES. Getting a game loss for drawing 1 card before the prizes were set seems unfair when the opponent uses Energy Draw for 6 with a cessation out and only gets a prize penalty. I'm sure it was the correct ruling, just a little disappointing.
-DONKS. Skill hack t1? What an amazing test of skill.
-Turtwig.
-Stalling.

Well hey, I got the invite, so it's not the end of the world. I had fun anyway. See you in Hawaii.

Last edited:
Well currently good job in earning the last invite slot to worlds (see you in a month). Where is TORTERRA in your props geez.

HU PRAY PIPRUP?
Man, I'm glad you're getting an invite from rankings. You definitely deserve it.
You're winning worlds plzktnx.

And Poliwag, it was 33rd, not 34th.

Nah he actually got 34th my dad and i were double looking over the standings after the tournament and it said he got 34 but since obviously 34th=33rd whatever.

Back