Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Who else is sitting out nats?

Ok, so with a 1828 rating, I think it would be safe to sit out nats this year.
Also I'm not comfortable playing in a new format just yet. (despite testing A LOT)
I'm still going, 'cause I have a paid trip.
I know there are some other people in this position too.

Is anyone else sitting out nats?
EDIT:durrr I might play

Last edited:
^ I think he wants to know who else will be sitting out AT the event so he doesn't have to spend all his time alone between rounds.

1828? you can't be a NA master as 1828 is not safe at all: you have to play. In juniors and seniors 1828 probably is not enough to use a play to first loss strategy. Lose the first round you play in and you have to win the next round to avoid the invite to worlds evaporating :(

1828? you can't be a NA master as 1828 is not safe at all: you have to play. In juniors and seniors 1828 probably is not enough to use a play to first loss strategy. Lose the first round you play in and you have to win the next round to avoid the invite to worlds evaporating :(

He's in seniors, and he said he stated that he won't play.

Yeah, just getting a feel for how many other people are sitting out.
I guess the only reason why you would be there is if you have a family playing there and you have a safe rating or if you won regionals and have a safe rating.(Like me)
Not confident in my HGSS on experience, despite playing probably 25+games this week.
>.<

1828 is not safe at all....look at the rankings and see how few points there are between 40 and 100...if # 100 wins 2 games and drops...they probably pass you.

My daughter is at 68 is masters....less than 30 points from 40th...There are alot of players who will want to take that spot at Worlds from you.

If you cant go..that is understandable...but to not go simply because you are not brave enough to stand up and play in the new format like everyone else...maybe you don't need to be at worlds anyway. Everyone is at the same place with the new format. Actually this is a better test for players because it is a test for the best deck builders and the best players.

just my opinion

@gallade are you?
you have rating.

Yeah.
Before it was top 40 in NA to get the invite, the 40th placed senior was around 1840.
But when it has been top 40 in NA, it usually is around 1810. (my friend got in with 1808 or something last year)

Dialga Master, what place are you in right now? The cutoff point is simply dependent on how well people are doing. I would recommend you go to play a few rounds and drop (just in case). 1829 is really risky to sit out, but it is your call.

Don't be a bum. Just play. Why would you even go if you aren't going to play? If you're not confident in your abilities now, how do you expect them to change for Worlds?

Last edited:
Thats whats going through my head at this very moment.
I don't think I've playtested enough though...

I have a free trip.
I have $300 there.
I might play, but right now I'm not sure I will

You have to play at least one round to get your reward iirc and just playtest more. You've got time. Just drop if you lose twice early, but if you've won states and regionals clearly you're a decent enough player in your division, why wouldn't you want to see how far you can make it on the national level?

Back