Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Who got Invites!?!?!?

RainbowRichards

As I learned from PTCO, invite emails went out from Mr Schwimmer to some (all?) players based upon World-wide Modified standings!!!

Who received theirs?

Last edited:
If you are not going to use them.. let David know so they can possibly be passed on down the road. Got an email from another PUSA Rep and they said that some of these might get returned so others have a chance.. I know I won't as I am further down the line.. but it would be nice to give back something you are not using so someone else may have the Opportunity!

Congrats to all that got them!! I, Myself will GRIND it out BaBY!!

Which "PUSA Rep" told you this? It is possible that you misunderstood what was said. As posted by Dave yesterday, any unclaimed invites will be awarded at the grinder. They will not be passed down the ratings. Do't hold your breath for a ratings based invite if you haven't already received an email from PUI.

HTH

MrMeches said:
If you are not going to use them.. let David know so they can possibly be passed on down the road. Got an email from another PUSA Rep and they said that some of these might get returned so others have a chance.. I know I won't as I am further down the line.. but it would be nice to give back something you are not using so someone else may have the Opportunity!

Congrats to all that got them!! I, Myself will GRIND it out BaBY!!

I thought they said that if you can't attend and don't show up to check in the night before, they will use your invite for the grinder. Anyway, congratulations to those who won invites. I wish I was one of those haha, but I have to prepare for the grinder now.

Last edited:
Reread the Email and your right.. My Bad.. *ducks from flying objects*... More Invites equals better odds in Grindage!!

Monkey said:
I thought they said that if you can't attend and don't show up to check in the night before, they will use your invite for the grinder. Anyway, congratulations to those who won invites. I wish I was one of those haha, but I have to prepare for the grinder now.

I did email david shwimmer about this and he sent back an email stating:

There is NO guarentee that all unclaimed invites will be used in the grinder. He said as of now they are going too but there was no guarentee on it and they might not do it so wait and see.

At the ECSC they were rumors that they would drop unused invites in the girnder and i got word from the man the truth behind the rumors. Either way im gonna compete in the grinder and shoot a last shot at an invite which i would love more then anything to get.

I wonder what will happen if invites move like a 10 year old GC champion turns 11 before Worlds. Would they free up 1 extra 10- spot right there and give away one less 11-14 invite? Or just ignore it and have a different amount of players in the age divisions. (It should be the same since they replace each unused invite with the grinder)

Woo hooo, my son got an Invite!

I just happened to check out the site, and saw my son's name, I called him and he hadn't checked his email in 2 days. So when he checked, he amost flipped! Thanks Pokemon!

He is soooo excited! See ya at World's!

Proud Mami of Ivan!

Advisor, what I'm saying is unconfirmed, but what I heard from attendees of Nationals. They were told that, after Japanese Nationals or w/e the heck they do, the Japanese "Team" will all be flown in to the US.

Back