Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Who got the Wii U?

Did anyone get the Wii U? If so, how good is the system?

I did at the midnight release at walmart, and my mom won't let me play with it till thanksgiving when our relatives come over :(

So now I get to look at the system connected to the t.v. and imagine how it would be like to play it for the next 4 days!:confused:

Hopefully the week goes by fast...

I preordered my system a while ago, and I'm going to get mine at GameStop on Tuesday. However, I won't be able to open mine up until Christmas unfortunately.

Got one today myself. However, mine was defective out of the box, so now I need to figure out what path I'm going to take to swap it for another.

Decided to wait personally, I read that it would be launching with a lot of stuff (like Netflix, Nintendo Tvii, etc) not ready at launch, so I decided screw that, I'll wait till everything's online then get one.

That being said I'm still disappointed they're not even including DVD or Blu Ray playing...granted I can understand not including a rival's thing with no Blu Ray support, but no DVDs even is kinda lame and doesn't really help them in their goal of being that all-in-one system if you have to use another (potentially competitor's) product to do that.

Decided to wait personally, I read that it would be launching with a lot of stuff (like Netflix, Nintendo Tvii, etc) not ready at launch, so I decided screw that, I'll wait till everything's online then get one.

That being said I'm still disappointed they're not even including DVD or Blu Ray playing...granted I can understand not including a rival's thing with no Blu Ray support, but no DVDs even is kinda lame and doesn't really help them in their goal of being that all-in-one system if you have to use another (potentially competitor's) product to do that.

They said those apps would be available in December.

About the DVD thing i'm disappointed also (although I always used my ps2 for that anyways...)

Posting from my wii u!
Netflix works, Nintendo TVii does not. I picked up ZombiU and Nintendo Land. Didn't realize how big a chicken I am at Survival Horror games until last night after everyone went to bed. wooops.
The universal remote is cool, being able to switch to off tv play is awesome. Me and my only Wii U friend tried out the videochat last night. Works good. MiiVerse is like SocialMedia for games. I think there is potential there for some cool things.
NintendoLand is better than expected. I may pick up one or two more games before thanksgiving. Toys R Us is having a sale on Wii and Wii U games, buy 1 get 1 40% off.

Posting from my wii u!
Netflix works, Nintendo TVii does not. I picked up ZombiU and Nintendo Land. Didn't realize how big a chicken I am at Survival Horror games until last night after everyone went to bed. wooops.
The universal remote is cool, being able to switch to off tv play is awesome. Me and my only Wii U friend tried out the videochat last night. Works good. MiiVerse is like SocialMedia for games. I think there is potential there for some cool things.
NintendoLand is better than expected. I may pick up one or two more games before thanksgiving. Toys R Us is having a sale on Wii and Wii U games, buy 1 get 1 40% off.

The TVii won't be working till sometime in december.

How was the ZombiU game though? I was thinking about trying it out but I'm still unsure on it.

I've heard it's a combination of Dead Rising and Dark Souls. Basically, Dead Rising's plot and building and stuff like that combined with the hellish difficulty of Dark Souls.

You will die. You will die often. You will lose lots and lots of progression each time you die. And you will learn each time as well.

Does the Zombie game have an option to play as a Zombie? Like, you could team up with other players to be Zombies to track down the game player and create mayham?

Picked up one yesterday for my friend who was out of town at the time :(

I wanted to get one especially since my Wii croaked, but the backlog has made that practically impossible for now.

Does the Zombie game have an option to play as a Zombie? Like, you could team up with other players to be Zombies to track down the game player and create mayham?

Sort of, the local multiplayer game pits a player with a gamepad vs a survivor with a Wii Remote. The Gamepad player has a map of the level and spawns zombies wherever he or she likes to try and do different goals(usually Kill the Survivor). Its kinda cool and reminds me a bit of the multiplayer from Plants vs Zombies. Ammo is scarce, so the survivor player cant just put their back against the wall for very long.

For those of you who owns the Wii U, I have a few questions I would like to ask.

1) How far can you take your GamePad away from the TV?

2) Are you able to play Super Smash Brothers Brawl from the Wii U against someone who owns a Wii?

3) What does the first page of the Mii Maker look like?

4) Whatever happened to the Panorama feature where your able to view the sky, ocean, etc.?

5) I heard there Nintendo charges a minor .50 cents to register on the Nintendo Network. What is the age range that is considered a minor?

Thanks

Last edited:
I am getting a wii u for Christmas but it seems impossible to find a deluxe version here in Ontario, Canada right now. Al of our big box stores (Walmart, Future Shop, Best Buy, and GameStop) don't have any for sale right now. I just wanna get one lol

I wandered into Walmart on Black Friday afternoon and one was just sitting there... so I grabbed it. Nintendo World is cool and I play ZombiU. So far, both my wife and I like it.

According to a certain website that review the ZombiU game, they said the control for ZombiU was bad to the point of being infuriating. Is it true?

Back