Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Who starts first

Gwaihir75

Hi,

friend of mine on one tournament (K32 Benelux cup) met a player that decided to win by cheating. Friend of mine lost a die roll, so he should go second (with his Unown Q as the only active pokemon). The other player (with azelf active and cyrus conspiracy in the hand) didn't accept the die roll and told my friend that he has to start. They've called judge (not the HJ). Judge told that he cannot decide who is right so my friend was forced to start (his english is significantly worse than mine). And he lost (of course).<br><br>Is there a way how to prevent such cheating? What is the correct ruling and what a judge should do? How can you prevent abusing this?<br><br>Thank you very much for your help.

Gwaihir

P.S. I hope this thread solves tournament rules too.

This forum is not the place to handle judgment calls.
We only do hard and fast game rulings, what is the right way to do things.
We don't cover how to fix things that are done wrong.

In this case, the right thing is for the player that won the coin toss/die roll to go first.

You can start a topic in either News & Gossip or Cards to discuss what went wrong and how it should be handled.

Obviously, the first thing is that the player(s) are allowed to appeal any ruling to the Head Judge.

Back