Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Who's going to get a 2DS for X/Y?

Prime

Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host
How many people have waited to get a 3DS until a new Pokemon game came out that required it? I know I did.

With the 2DS releasing on the same day as the release of Pokemon X/Y, of the people who waited to get a 3DS, who is going to choose to get the cheaper 2DS?

I'm thinking about it. I've always worried about cracks in the folding part of my DSs and it breaking. Personally, I kind of like the design of the device and although it is not very portable, I really didn't take my DSs out everywhere I went, and I could always buy a case so I can take it to Pokemon League.

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about NA Pokemon X/Y specialized 3DSs, which was going to be my original purchase, but if we don't get one of those, I might jump on the 2DS bandwagon.

I will be getting the new 2DS.

I will never use the 3D options, so the 2DS is a great package for me.

I think I'll pass on this. I really like the folding option the 3DS has and while I dont use 3D mode all too much, I still se it from time to time. The 2DS lacks the 3D mode and has a lot of bulk. Its truly perfect to kids 7 and younger. The price is also amazing for it.

To tell you the truth, I would much rather Nintendo invest in developing a 4G LTE 3DS XL. I'll glading throw 400 bucks at that.

If I didn't have a 3DS already, I would have. I don't really care for the 2DS design in particular (again where they could have easily added a 2nd circle pad they didn't...), but I never really use the 3d on my 3DS anyways. It's just too gimmicky, has too narrow of a proper viewing angle, and quite a few games don't even really take advantage of it (more like eh, ok, it's there).

If it was hinged, and if I didn't already have my 3DS, I might go for it. Also, if Nintendo didn't already have the BEST refurb prices ANYWHERE.

If it was hinged, and if I didn't already have my 3DS, I might go for it. Also, if Nintendo didn't already have the BEST refurb prices ANYWHERE.

I was until I saw this post, then saw 3ds refurbished pricing!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

$120 for 3DS refurbished is nice, but I guess I'd want a brand new item instead of something that was obvious sent back because it was messed up and then fixed.

$120 for 3DS refurbished is nice, but I guess I'd want a brand new item instead of something that was obvious sent back because it was messed up and then fixed.

...and then gone over once more and fixed up better than the first time. I've never a problem going refurbished.

I now have no disparaging thoughts about the 2DS. When I first saw it I thought, "That thing is hideous. It looks like a Leapfrog (a kid's learning tablet; Not sure if they still make them). Did they make this for little kids?" When I read Reggie's (NOA President) quote about how it is, in fact, for little kids, the system made sense.

The one piece of advice that I would give anyone buying a 2DS as their first 3DS system is: don't let the size of it deter you from taking it with you everywhere you go. The streetpass function is awesome, and not to be missed.

I now have no disparaging thoughts about the 2DS. When I first saw it I thought, "That thing is hideous. It looks like a Leapfrog (a kid's learning tablet; Not sure if they still make them). Did they make this for little kids?" When I read Reggie's (NOA President) quote about how it is, in fact, for little kids, the system made sense.

The one piece of advice that I would give anyone buying a 2DS as their first 3DS system is: don't let the size of it deter you from taking it with you everywhere you go. The streetpass function is awesome, and not to be missed.

They are now called leappads. New age leapfrogs. And i usually prefer new but if i can get the same thing for cheaper and it means that it was thoroughly looked at, then ill scoop a refurb up

Don't worry, there's always the 1DS to make even this thing look good.

I seriously thought you were joking. Oh man. I mean, it's an interesting concept, but hard wired to play on TV? I jus don't think Nintendo gets the current wave. Seems like they're trying with th smart phone tie in, but still.

I seriously thought you were joking. Oh man. I mean, it's an interesting concept, but hard wired to play on TV? I jus don't think Nintendo gets the current wave. Seems like they're trying with th smart phone tie in, but still.

I thought he was joking too until I clicked the link LOL.

I came to this thread and ended up buying a 3DS XL. Well played, folks. Well played. -___-

...The 1DS is a joke. The web address is wrong, and there's no way to find it from the official site.

Also, at the bottom of the page: "*Not actually a real device or price. See dreams for details."

Back