Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Why are sunglasses illegal

Status
Not open for further replies.
banning something because "you shouldn't need them" is totally absurd. Are you going to ban hats too? You shouldn't need to wear them either as you are protected from the sun.

I have never heard of such a rule. If they are reflective then a judge may say something to you. When i judge i mention it to people wearing them that they are reflective and their opponent may be able to see their cards.

banning something because "you shouldn't need them" is totally absurd. Are you going to ban hats too? You shouldn't need to wear them either as you are protected from the sun.

Hah, well played :p It's just always irked me when people wear them inside.

Yeah, I don't think it's explicitly illegal. Anybody that did so at a tournament of mine would definitely get me rolling my eyes at them (oh the horror :lol:), but I don't think there's anything we can do about it.

To go along with this subject, why are headphones illegal? There are PLENTY of games where my opponent is extremely boring and I just want to listen to some tuneage while the match goes on. I think that rule is 'most dumber-er' than anything.

There would be soooo many arguments about Powers being announced if people were allowed to wear headphones.

To go along with this subject, why are headphones illegal? There are PLENTY of games where my opponent is extremely boring and I just want to listen to some tuneage while the match goes on. I think that rule is 'most dumber-er' than anything.

All electronic devices are not allowed during a match.

I think he was asking why headphones were banned not if any electronic devices were allowed or not :/

I where glasses (shutta shades ftw) for fun sometimes and I always where a hat and/or hood whenever possible. Some may think it is idiotic but, it could potentially hide your facial expression which can win you a game. I personally do it for fun and where Hats/glasses/hoodies outside of the Pokemon world because I like them lol.

I think he was asking why headphones were banned not if any electronic devices were allowed or not :/

I where glasses (shutta shades ftw) for fun sometimes and I always where a hat and/or hood whenever possible. Some may think it is idiotic but, it could potentially hide your facial expression which can win you a game. I personally do it for fun and where Hats/glasses/hoodies outside of the Pokemon world because I like them lol.

Imagine your opp wearing headphones, and you come to realize later that he had an iphone instead and he was listening to his friend, who was behind you, listing all your cards in hand??

i agree with smacktack.

i wear the Bright Blue Stunna shades, Hoodie or Hat all the time.
its not a big deal, but you can learn to read peoples faces and i rather mine not be read.

@MrGengar: Play with your hand on the table at all times, unless your looking through your hand, but you should be able to memorize 7 cards pretty easily.

Imagine your opp wearing headphones, and you come to realize later that he had an iphone instead and he was listening to his friend, who was behind you, listing all your cards in hand??

Hahaha what a horrible idea. Who actually has their cards way in front of them so the person behind can see? Who wouldn't notice their opponent going "candy, energy, bebe's" and keep doing it periodically? Who is THAT bad of a player they just can't play and beat their opponent or lose like a man? More work than it is worth (which it wouldn't work at all).

In Worlds last year, when the Japanese would play against someone who didn't know Japanese, when they would use a power they would tap the card with the power to imply they were using it. Why couldn't that be implemented? It isn't that hard. If it came at that cost to use headphones, I'd be 100% down.

I wasn't asking if they were allowed

Headphones and other electronic devices are not allowed because they make cheating easy.
It's that simple.

I'll give you an example.

At the Sudoko championships last year, one of the three players that made the finals had gone through the rounds "listening to music".

Once he had to perform in the finals without his headphones, he was hopeless. They realized there was no way this person had performed as well as he had without outside help.

He was disqualified and they now have written in a rule disallowing.... all electronic devices.

Is this really a mystery to some players??

Who is THAT bad of a player they just can't play and beat their opponent or lose like a man? More work than it is worth (which it wouldn't work at all).

You're a con man's dream.

The easiest people to fool are those that are certain that they can't be fooled.

I thought I had heard something about sunglasses as well...

As for the "poker face" players trying to conceal facial expressions, I'll sit and play any game with you guys ANY day of the week....especially if it involves me taking your money. If you need something to conceal your face, its because you have a bad poker face. If you can't control your poker face, you can't control your actions. By hiding them, you are basically putting a target on your back that says "YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO STARE, JUST TAKE A QUICK GLANCE AT MY PARTIALLY HIDDEN FACE AND YOU'LL KNOW MY HAND."

Who told you sunglasses were illegal? There's nothing in any official rules I've ever read about that.

I suppose if someone figures out how to cheat using sunglasses, they'll become illegal. Until then, anyone who bans them is paranoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back