Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Why can't I get Empoleon to win for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martian

I started another thread related to this question at http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=62646

In a nutshell I don't have access to all the older EX series cards as the Family shares resources and Mom and Dad get the short end of the lolly-pop!
(and I really don't want to invest too heavily in cards I can't use next year.)

So how can I speed up / improve my deck to hit harder and faster?

cut from the other thread:

Thank you all for your input and suggestions.

I really appreciate the cross reference from the old to new replacements of those supporters I see played against me repeatedly.

Actually I've managed to do pretty well acquiring some of the cards you've all suggested.

I even somehow managed to pull TWO Time Space Distortions out of the store we play league in.
(Pulls were about a month apart and my 11 yr old is now using one in his deck.)

Ok, maybe my problem has been in my trainer/supporter line?

I've been running 21/23/16 using Empoleon (4/4/4) with Mantyke/tine (3/2) for the free retreat.
I've tried various other lines as well including Lucario though I just picked up a Lucario X this weekend and might try again. Faster setups keep killing me! (Lots of Garchomp/Blissey locally.)

Any thoughts on synergy between Bronzong/Empoleon?

With Cities starting soon and the seeming popularity of Penquins here on the boards I’m thinking of giving Empoleon one more try.

Pokemon: (23)

Empoleon line: 4/4/3/1
Lucario line: 3/3/1

Or drop a Prinplup and the EmpX for the ONE and only one Skitty/Delkatty I have?
Or perhaps remove those same two and spot in a couple SW Stantler, Smeargle(?) or Corsola?

Energy: (16)

DRE 1 (all I have)
Multi 2
Boost 1
Water 6
Fighting 6

So now we have 21 slots for Trainers/Supporters which I usually run in groups of threes.

Celios (Get it now!)
TSD/Night Maint/Energy Restore (1/1/1 Get it BACK!)
Bill’s Maintence/TV reporter (2/1 Draw)
Rare Candy (Get BIG!)
Master/Dusk ball (1/2 Double draw)
Warp Point/Switch (2/1 Get outta there!)
The 3 Professors (Rowan, Oak, Cozmo) (Reset & draw.)

Think I can break .500?

Any help is appreciated.

A Poke-Dad

Last edited:
This list looks pretty good. Leave the pkmn line as is. If you can get Castaway and Cessation Crystal, that would greatly help the deck. Other than that it looks lclose to a basic Empoleon Lucario deck.

I would at least make it 4 Multi, because you don't have DRE they can be very handy.
1 Boost can be left out for it, and maybe 1 fighting.

dont give up i bet you dont have as much electivire metagame as i did lol Yeah i used them in both of my br and did okay both losing to electivire so if that happens put in a 1-1-1 blastoise delta

If you are currently swamped with Blissey and Garchomp try these trainers out to help against those specific decks. Crystal Shard, to make your active pokemon Colorless for that turn (and hit into Garchomp's weakness). No more than 2 of these should turn the tide in that match. Energy Removal 2 to help get rid of the Holon FF that Blissey plays or the Lighting or Psychic energy on Garchomp that is hurting you so much. Play as many as you can fit in as they are flippy, but they also slow your opponent down if you hit heads. Lake Boundary, this will give Garchomp and Blssey 2X weakness to your Crystal Shard (for Garchomp) and Lucario (for Blissey).

As for your energy choices. Boost doesn't help, try and replace it with a Scramble or a Holon's Castform.

One last thing, you have only 21 pokemon listed (not 23) so either add in a 1-1 Mantine to get free retreat for Empoleon, the 1-1 Delcatty to help with a little bit of draw, or just add 2 more trainers.

Hi,
I like help pokedad ^^

E-A.dec

Pokemon n° 18
4x Piplup
3x Prinplup
3x Empoleon
4x Riolu
3x Lucario
1x Lucario Lv X

Trainer n° 26
2x Castaway
3x Cessation Crystal
1x Buffer Piece/Strenght Charm/Crystal Shard (I use buffer)
4x Celio's Network
2x Master Ball
2x Roseanne
2x Great Ball
1x Copycat/TGW (I like Copycat)
1x Professor Rowan
2x Steven's Advice
3x TV Reporter/Oak Visit (I like TV Reporter, for a consistant Dig-up... :lol:)
3x Rare Candy
1x TSD
1x Night Maintenance

Energy n° 16
3x Scramble
2x Multy
6x Fight
5x Water

XD

Thank you for the suggested list .

My real focus is to find a way to be competitive using a majority of Diamond and Pearl.
I want to try and stick with the DP series cards for the most part as we (the family) just started playing with that set. We have few of the older cards and would rather invest in cards usable in the next rotation.

2x Castaway (none in our household)
3x Cessation Crystal (none in our household)
1x Buffer Piece/Strenght Charm/Crystal Shard (I use buffer) (I have 2 Buffer Pieces and lots of Plus Powers)
4x Celio's Network (got 'em, cost me a Mew but got em)
2x Master Ball (one Master and lots of Dusk balls)
2x Roseanne (got these)
2x Great Ball (none in our household)
1x Copycat/TGW (I like Copycat) (I have the TGW but no 'CCat'
1x Professor Rowan (got it)
2x Steven's Advice (none in our household)
3x TV Reporter/Oak Visit (I like TV Reporter, for a consistant Dig-up... :lol:) (got these)
3x Rare Candy (got about 9!)
1x TSD (pulled TWO so far! My kids ask me to pull packs for them now!)
1x Night Maintenance (got it)
3x Scramble (none in our household but I'm working to find them!)

Martian
new Poke-Dad

What i think would work better so you don't have any energy prob.s is go straight empo. with a 3-3 mantine line. Try to get the scrambles in your deck and put super scoop ups and warps in you deck. Its situational if you have no energies retreat and warp for stalling or switching your opponents pokemon. The most important card here is now getting some DRE's in your deck to even make mantine a good ko pkmn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back