Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Why does the Pokemon online stores THAT expensive?

anasiri

I've noticed that most of them (if not all) are not just over-priced, but outrageously overpriced.

I mean, there are cards on ebay that sell about $12-$20, yet they go as much as about $80-$90 on the online pokemon stores, and the weird thing is that people still buy those cards.

Do you know why are those stores much more expensive than the ebay ones? and most importantly how could they sell if there are already the same cards that you can order through the web using ebay with MUCH cheaper price.

Is there something that we don't know? or is it just simply that those stores chose to sell them at those expensive prices?

If I had to guess I would have to say that one reason would be the fact the Ebay and other online stores don't have a physical space, so they don't have to pay rent as well as having to pay employees to work.

Another reason is they have to buy cards in quantities and hope to sell them. Online stores may not have to buy in large amounts of cards, just those they need to sell or have request for.

I do agree they are alot higher then Ebay or Online stores do and there is the fact that you have to trust the online seller with getting your money and waiting to get your item from them.

I think he's talking about other online stores that have their own website, like Poke-order or Troll and Toad:

It's because they have warehouses full of cards, and if all their sales were charted on ebay, they'd probably be very reputable sellers. Furthermore, lots of people just don't know any better.

(Side note - only buy big money cards off of ebay, if you try and complete a set piecemeal via ebay your wallet will be destroyed by S&H charges).

Back