Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Why is Drapion Psychic in the TCG?

I seem like Poison is Psychic now in the DP Series. Look at Nidoran, Nidorina, Nidoqueen, Zubat, Golbat, Crobat, Crogunk, and Toxicroak are now Psychic in DP2

EX Series
Fighting - Fighting, Ground, Rock
Water - Water, Ice
Fire - Fire
Lightning - Lightning
Grass - Grass, Bug, Poison
Psychic - Psychic, Ghost
Dark - Dark
Metal - Metal
Colorless - Normal, Flying, Dragon

DP Series
Water - Water, Ice
Fire - Fire
Lightning - Lightning
Grass - Grass, Bug,
Psychic - Psychic, Ghost, Poison
Dark - Dark
Metal - Metal

Yeah, well the Poison types are weak to Psychic, so the Psy weakness does make sense.
But I agree that it should be grass or dark. They may have changed it to purple, because that is the color of Poison (as seen in the move Toxic)...

That change makes the psychic self-weakness actually make sense for once...

I think the self-weakness is a holdover from when ghost was one of the few types psychic was weak to in the video games, and ghost was represented by psychic in the TCG as well.

Yeah, well the Poison types are weak to Psychic, so the Psy weakness does make sense.
But I agree that it should be grass or dark. They may have changed it to purple, because that is the color of Poison (as seen in the move Toxic)...
But Dark cancels the weakness to Psychic, silly.

Well, if that is how they are changing it it just seems really nonsensical.

I seem like Poison is Psychic now in the DP Series. Look at Nidoran, Nidorina, Nidoqueen, Zubat, Golbat, Crobat, Crogunk, and Toxicroak are now Psychic in DP2

EX Series
Water - Water, Ice
Fire - Fire
Lightning - Electric
Grass - Grass, Bug, Poison
Psychic - Psychic, Ghost
Darkness - Dark
Metal - Steel

DP Series
Water - Water, Ice
Fire - Fire
Lightning - Electric
Grass - Grass, Bug,
Psychic - Psychic, Ghost, Poison
Darkness - Dark
Metal - Steel

I edited to the appropriate types.

Actually in the first gen, Ghost attacks did not affect Psychic types at all, so the Psychic self weakness did not make sense. Lick was actually the only damage based Ghost attack at that time.

Ya Poisons are Psychic now I guess to make there less Grass cards. Its weak to Psychic cos even though its part Dark, Weaknesses in the TCG are often based off of 1 of the types, not both, like you'll get a Water/Ground Pokemon weak to Lightning etc.

Thing is, with having multiple types represented by 1 type it won't always match the GB(A)/DS games. Water, Ground & Rock Pokemon aren't weak to Bug, Dragons aren't weak to Normal types, Dark isn't weak to Rock or Ground, Fighting isn't weak to Ghost and so on and thus forth.

Actually in the first gen, Ghost attacks did not affect Psychic types at all, so the Psychic self weakness did not make sense. Lick was actually the only damage based Ghost attack at that time.

Ya Poisons are Psychic now I guess to make there less Grass cards. Its weak to Psychic cos even though its part Dark, Weaknesses in the TCG are often based off of 1 of the types, not both, like you'll get a Water/Ground Pokemon weak to Lightning etc.

Thing is, with having multiple types represented by 1 type it won't always match the GB(A)/DS games. Water, Ground & Rock Pokemon aren't weak to Bug, Dragons aren't weak to Normal types, Dark isn't weak to Rock or Ground, Fighting isn't weak to Ghost and so on and thus forth.

No. Lick does double damage to Psychics but because of the low base power it's not strong. However it's still double.

Back