Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Why should only Dark and Metal get special energy?

RB Golbat

Dark and Steel gets special energy, why can't every other type get a basic energy?

Special :colorless: Energy: The Pokemon this energy is attached to has the type :grass::fire::water::lightning::psychic::fighting::dark::metal::colorless:. Ignore this effect if the Pokemon Colorless Energy is attached to wasn't originally :colorless:.

Special :fire: Energy: If this energy is discarded as payment for an attack, that attack does 20 more damage. Ignore this effect if the Pokemon Fire Energy is attached to isn't :fire:.

Special :grass: Energy: In between turns, flip a coin. If heads, remove 1 damage counter from the Pokemon this energy is attached to. Ignore this effect if the Pokemon Grass Energy is attached to isn't :grass:.

Special :water: Energy: The Pokemon this energy is attached can't be affected by special conditions. Ignore this effect if the Pokemon Water Energy is attached to isn't :water:.

Special :fighting: Energy: If the Pokemon this energy is attached to is attacked, you may discard this energy. If you do, any damage received from the opponent's attack is reduced by 20. Ignore this effect if the Pokemon Fighting Energy is attached to isn't :fighting:.

Special :lightning: Energy: When you attack this energy card to a Pokemon, you can attach another basic energy card from your hand to the same Pokemon as well. Ignore this effect if the Pokemon Lightning Energy is attached to isn't :lightning:.

Special :psychic: Energy: When the Pokemon this energy is attached to attacks or is attacked, ignore Weakness and Resistance. Ignore this effect if the Pokemon Psychic Energy is attached to isn't :psychic:.

Hopefully these aren't too overpowered, whatd'ya think?

Last edited:
Gahh, you stole my idea.

Water and Grass are really underpowered compared to the others. Other than that, I like them.

Water was the one I had the most trouble coming up with. Grass I feel isn't underpowered, as you can attach multiple and heal quite a few damage counters.

Last edited:
This idea come up in a topic a year or two ago ;p Sadly, i dont remember any of the creations....

Lightning energy is over powered.....

hmmm water could be if the pokemon that :water: is attached too becomes affected by a sp condition. The attacking pokemon is also affected by that condition.

perhaps also add that this pokemon is no longer affected by that condition....

These all seem like really good ideas, but part of what made Darkness and Metal Energy exclusive was that they were brand new types introduced into the game. We didn't have Darkness and Metal Pokemon in the Base Set, did we?

I think that Pokemon TCG inc. or whatever created Special Dark and Special Metal Energies to give the game a further twist with these new types, while keeping the other energy types basic like they had been.

And if the game works fine without these "basic" Special Energy cards, why should Pokemon TCG inc. use time and effort to change it?

These all seem like really good ideas, but part of what made Darkness and Metal Energy exclusive was that they were brand new types introduced into the game. We didn't have Darkness and Metal Pokemon in the Base Set, did we?

I think that Pokemon TCG inc. or whatever created Special Dark and Special Metal Energies to give the game a further twist with these new types, while keeping the other energy types basic like they had been.

I understand why they made the Special Metal and Dark energies. I figured it would be intersting to come up with other ideas for Special Energy if they made one for each basic energy type.

And if the game works fine without these "basic" Special Energy cards, why should Pokemon TCG inc. use time and effort to change it?

Ummmm, the point of this forum isn't to submit beta cards to be used by pokemon. It's to create card ideas that would work without being too broken. I understand that they won't make the cards that I've created here.

This topic started by RB Goldbat is the 3rd gen. 10 bucks says we get a 4th next year. lol

There is no D in my name

Last edited:
Call = Special :colorless: energy
DCE = Special :colorless: energy
Rescue Energy = Special :colorless: energy
WE = Special :colorless: energy

You were saying about :dark: and :metal: the only 2 energies that have special energies? Colourless has 4.

Call = Special :colorless: energy
DCE = Special :colorless: energy
Rescue Energy = Special :colorless: energy
WE = Special :colorless: energy

You were saying about :dark: and :metal: the only 2 energies that have special energies? Colourless has 4.

No, you're wrong. Cyclone, Health, Recycle, Multi (Technically), Rainbow (Technically), Boost, Double Rainbow (Technically), Holon Energys, etc.

No, you're wrong. Cyclone, Health, Recycle, Multi (Technically), Rainbow (Technically), Boost, Double Rainbow (Technically), Holon Energys, etc.

I'm talking about he currently legal ones. So out of those I missed Cyclone and Health. Rainbow and Double Rainbow don't count as Special Colourless energies.

I really don't see the need for any other types to be Special Energies. The rest SHOULD be basic. You can't retrieve Special Energies once they've been discarded.

Upper is HORRIBLE! DCE > Upper!

Dude, you didn't say "currently legal". And Upper wouldn't be insanely bad if it worked with level X. It would certainly be a handy extra D-Rush.

---------- Post added 02/07/2011 at 07:23 PM ----------

Rainbow and Double Rainbow don't count as Special Colourless energies.

Yes they do. "...Provides EVERY type of energy but only one at a time." and "While not in play, this card counts as :colorless: energy." are what prove this. And you're right about Double Rainbow, it counts as some rainbowy energy thing.

Back