Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

why would u want to lose tgw??

rhodesia123

i see the occasional question on the gym asking if youre allowed to lose tgw on purpose, but why would u want to?? the card says "up to", meaning if for some strange reason u really wanted to draw only 3 cards, u can, even if u win tgw. why give your opponent the option of drawing up to 6 cards when u could give them the worse option of drawing up to 3??

At the moment i cant think of anything that would make me WANT to lose but if I were about to deck my opponent and i needed him to draw all 6 of those cards.

At the moment i cant think of anything that would make me WANT to lose but if I were about to deck my opponent and i needed him to draw all 6 of those cards.

But as stated you can draw UP to the number of cards. I can win and still draw 1 card

Because if you have 1 card in your hand and 5 in your deck and you win and your opponent played the card you lost the game as sool as your opponent end their turn.

I cannot even think of one situation where loosing would be better, as it leaves the opponent with the option to more cards. You are not allowed to forfeit the RPS game though.

I AM TIRED OF THE TGW/RPS TOPICS, STOP PLEASE!!

Say you're running Milotic d. You've noticed after using multiple "Sharing" Poke-Powers that your opponent is running a lot of supporters that get out Pokemon for the bench (Holon Mentor, Pokemon Fan Club). You happen to know that you've used up all of your Holon Mentors, but you you absolutely have to get out your tech basic in order to win the game. Since your opponent only has a few cards left in his or her deck, you can safely assume that if they win the TGW they'll draw into either the Holon Mentor or the Pokemon Fan Club. You, on the other hand, have a lot of cards left in your deck and are unsure about whether you'll get the tech or not. You intentionally lose TGW and, sure enough, your opponent has a Holon Mentor in their hand. You use "Sharing" to get out your tech basic and win. It can be shown multiple ways that losing TGW is preferable using this scenario.

Because if you have 1 card in your hand and 5 in your deck and you win and your opponent played the card you lost the game as sool as your opponent end their turn.

You can still "draw up to" less cards than what's in your deck.

Pretty much only for the reason eriknance said. I can't think of anything else, but ya if you want your opponent to draw something I guess is the only reason.

The main reason I'd think people would opt to lose on purpose would be because they hate the idea of playing RPS for whatever reason that much, but that's just my opinion.

While we're on the subject, if someone is taking fewer than the max number of cards, they have to declare so before drawing, right?

I don't understand who would want to lose anyways, beside not wanting to play or not. And since it has already been stated that you have to play no matter what, then I say that if you don't want to play just always throw rock. If you win, you win, if you lose, you lose. Again though as previously stated you can win and still draw three cards if you want.

maybe if you're running a stall deck and its early in the game so your opponent will still draw as many cards as possible?

If you're running Birch.
You can lose and draw 3, and next turn draw 3+.

I mean, you technically wouldn't want to lose, BUT if you did you could abuse Birch.

I think people forgot that you can draw "up to". Take out the up to and making your opponent win would make sense in a lot of situations.

I think people forgot that you can draw "up to". Take out the up to and making your opponent win would make sense in a lot of situations.

Isn't it ironic that RPS is deemed to have strategic value and yet TGW's wording eliminates a posibly strategic use of the card?:wink:

Back