Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Wicked holo base set dratini?

Todd Ingram

Found a card the other day. Looked exactly like a base set dratinit except it had a reverse holo pattern on it that made it look like fireworks. Worth keeping?

I bought the whole mint set, forward and reverse, for $185. Then again, that was 2-3 years ago so the market may have changed and they may have more demand now.

I don't see how a common RH is $5 when boxes are under $200. They are not that expensive to be sure.

36 RH per box x $5 per RH= $180

Reverse holos aren't common/uncommon/rare. I know they have the symbol and all but that doesn't mean anything here. They only come one to a pack, not 5 to a pack like a common. There are also 110 reverse holos in the set. The chances of getting THE one you need out of a pack are incredibly small.

Then you have to take into consideration the availability of the reverse holos. Legendary came out when interest in Pokemon was waning. Also, it was a reprint set. As such it was fairly unpopular and most players didn't buy it. They still had a bad taste in their mouth over Base2 and when people are already leaving a game in droves the last thing they're going to buy is more reprints. That means there are less of these on the market than other sets.

$5 for a card you need to complete your set, when taking all of the above into consideration, starts to seem pretty darn cheap by this point, yes?

Back