Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Wifi League?

dtrain

Who wants one? Although Pokebeach already has one thought maybe Pokegym should have one as well.
I guess this will just be the master list of friend codes. Any suggestions?

I really don't like Pokebeach's for one reason: The forum is full of...young players (see, I found a way to say it unoffensively! You should all know what I mean by that.) PokeGym actually has a handful of good, intelligent players that play the gameboy games, so I think a league would work well here.
With that in mind, I'd like to propose an idea that I proposed on PokeBeach that people received with mixed feelings.
A realistic Gym League.
Gym Leagues, as you know, are leagues where people are appointed as Gym Leaders, and challengers that beat them win "badges" and prized. However, on Pokebeach and Serebii and other forums, the Pokemon used in the Gym Leagues are all Level 100 Pokemon. But in the gameboy games, the gyms start at level 10 and get progressively harder. We should make a league like that - the first Gym is low level (10 or 15), and the last gym is level 100. Obviously, there would be 17 gyms, one for each type.
Now, to balance this out, the challenger's Pokemon could be no higher a level than those of the leader they were facing. This makes it realistic too, you can breed your ideal team, start them at level one, and fight gym leaders on wifi as you make them stronger off of wifi. Also to make it more realistic, you can't battle gym 2 until you beat gym 1, you can't battle gym 4 until you beat gym 3, etc. We could keep a master list of the Gym Leaders and who has beaten them to prevent cheating like this.
Here's the setup I proposed over there, but we can all brainstorm if we want the types/levels to be distributed differently:

Gym1: Lv.15 - Bug
Gym2: Lv.20 - Rock
Gym3: Lv.25 - Flying
Gym4: Lv.30 - Poison
Gym5: Lv.35 - Normal
Gym6: Lv.40 - Fighting
Gym7: Lv.45 - Electric
Gym8: Lv.50 - Ice
Gym9: Lv.55 - Ground
Gym10: Lv.60 - Dark
Gym11: Lv.65 - Grass
Gym12: Lv.70 - Fire
Gym13: Lv.75 - Water
Gym14: Lv.80 - Ghost
Gym15: Lv.85 - Steel
Gym16: Lv.90 - Psychic
Gym17: Lv.100 - Dragon

So what do you guys think?

hmm sounds interesting. But wouldn't 8 gyms be enough? And yes I agree, it does sound a bit young there.

hmm sounds interesting. But wouldn't 8 gyms be enough? And yes I agree, it does sound a bit young there.

The point is to have one gym of each type.
Plus, with 8 gyms, to go from level 10 to 100, you'd be skipping roughly 10 levels per gym. That's not too horrible, but still, like I said, the point is to have a gym of each type.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Blah.
Apparently, DS Wifi automatically makes all Pokemon Level 100.
So the idea won't work.
That sucks.

We can still do a regular league, though.

Last edited:
there are choices for wifi, open level, level 50 or level 100.

having payed in many wifi leagues myself, having everything at level 100 just makes it all the more interesting, if u get a level 10 gym and someone uses a higher level pokemon u just lose and the leader cant do anything,

level 100 is the way to go, and i wa splanning on pming one of the mods to start one up formally here as i alreayd have experience with them.

there are choices for wifi, open level, level 50 or level 100.

having payed in many wifi leagues myself, having everything at level 100 just makes it all the more interesting, if u get a level 10 gym and someone uses a higher level pokemon u just lose and the leader cant do anything,

level 100 is the way to go, and i wa splanning on pming one of the mods to start one up formally here as i alreayd have experience with them.

Well, there'd be a rule that the challenger's Pokemon's levels can't exceed the Gym leader's.
But, like I said, its level 50 or level 100 only. Which sucks.

I'll be the fighting leader.
Also there should be a prize after you beat all of the leaders.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Also there could be 2 leages kind of:

Leage 1:
Gym 1 Bug
Gym 2 Poison
Gym 3 Rock
Gym 4 Fighting
Gym 5 Flying
Gym 6 Steel
Gym 7 Ground
Gym 8 Dark
After everytime 8 people pass the first leage there will be a elimination tornoment with the 8 people. The winner will be able to go on the next leage. Also there wont be able to use any urbers and there are 3 on 3 battles and nothing can be higher then lv 50. Once you finish the first leage you can start the second leage.

Gym 9 Normal
Gym 10 Ghost
Gym 11 Grass
Gym 12 Water
Gym 13 Electric
Gym 14 Ice
Gym 15 Fire
Gym 16 Fire
Gym 17 Dragon

The Battles on the second leage are 6 on 6 with Lv 100s and anybody can use any pokemon.
Once 16 people finish both leages then there will be a tornoment and the winner can play the Champeon who can use any type. If the challenger wins then he will be the new champion and the old champion will lose his title.

Just a sugestion:biggrin:

Last edited:
Really sounds like an interesting plan...I would love to join in. Its so great that the next gen of pkmn has changed so much of the game, and I can't wait to get my hands on both D/P!!! We should form a committee and possibly work to set up our own league, start with 8 gyms and work our way up every season...rotate gym leaders out and add some fresh ones. Also nominate 4 people into the elite 4, of course we would have to test them (and the gym leaders) to make sure they qualify. If we can have a lvl 50 and 100 division, I think that will be great. This sounds like a really good idea....heck maybe the gym staffers can endorse us and consider the wifi league, their official league!!!

CMT

I am definetly up for a WiFi league. If we actaully do a League with Gyms, can I be the Poison type gym leader?
As for testing the leadaers, I think we could do some kind of WiFi tourney and see sho's best fit to be a leader/league champoin.

You're right. We could have a tornoment for who could be the champion. Then once he is defeted in the leage the challenger will be the elite four member #1. Also we have a tornoment for the elite four the top four get to be the elite. And when the champion is defested the 4th elite four will be the new champion and the other members move up a rank. Also the champion could be in charge of everything.
One more thing there will be lists for each type of pokemon. We will pair up some of the types so there will be 8 lists. When ever a gym leader is defeated 5 times then he losses his posision and the next person on the list will be the new leader.

Also I call being the first fighting leader

Last edited:
Fine, then I call being the first Poison Gym Leader. This ought to be fun. :biggrin:

Also, what about "Cheated or Hacked" pokemon, like pokmeon with stats of 999 across teh board or have "usual" attacks or abilities? How'll we dtect chaters if they appear? :confused:

BT thjere are 3 options to battle on WiFi:

1) Open Level
2) Level 50
3) Level 100

If you choose Open Level your Pokemons level remain at that level during the battle, they are not increased or decreased like the other 2 options.

Back