Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

WiFI?

dabadman

Hmm, since the new games will be out soon, and I don't know what to buy so I can use WiFi, can anyone tell me what I need? And where and I can get the part(s)? A price would also be nice, but is noit essential, as I just need to get the stuff before the 25th. Please let me know, thanks..

Btw, if this has been asked, can someone link me to the thread :redface:

IF YOU HAVE DSL OR ANY HIGH SPEED INTERNET YOU CAN GET THE NINTENDO WI-FI ROUTER FOR 40 DOLLERS OR YOU CAN JUST GET A NICE WI-FI ROUTER FOR ALL GAMES SYSTEM AT BEST BUY FOR 50 DOLLERS:pokeball:

I really did not understand a word you just said, mainly because reading all caps hurts my eyes =/ I will manage though.

Sorry

Ok am sorry you can go to wal-mart game stop to buy a nintendo wi-fi usb port to install it to your competer of you can go to best buy and spend about 10 to 20 dollers more for a wi-fi router the peopple ther can help you with that it is better than the nintendo thig becuse it burn's out way to fast :pokeball:

Buy the USB Wi-Fi adapter at a local electronics store (not Circuit City, they can go to heck). Put the disc in your comp, and follow the instructions. When using it, turn off all your firewalls. I got mine for around 50$

Why would I need to turn off my firewall =/ And how would I do that anyway..

Also, I went to TRU and they had one for $40, I am going to get it on the 22nd when I get :

Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Pearl
Nintendo Power Guide to DP

It is just another $40, lol. x.x

In order to use the Wi-Fi feature on the DS or the Wii. You must have atleast Broadband internet. I have Broadband, and have a Router that is both Wireless, and wired. Like many have said, it's about $50 for the Router. Then all you need to do is link up the DS to the Router. I'd suggest you put a password on the Router's wireless access. When it's setup up, you won't have to keep putting in the password. It will be saved on your DS system. The Nintendo Wii is pretty much the same as far as setup goes. I know you didn't mention having the Wii, but thought i'd toss that in just incase you get one. I haven't played any games via internet yet, but nice to know it's available. Setting up the link is really easy. If you have questions, Nintendo has a section on there site that will help you through the link up. Oh, and about the firewall. Firewall's block a lot of access to and from your pc. And if it's not set to allow the DS access in or out of the net. You can't play anyone online. Really don't need to turn it off, but just allow the DS access. Not sure if it will block access, as i didn't change anything on mine. And the connection was fine.

It is a requirement to have at least broadband? Looks like I can't get it then >.> Stupid Dial Up. (My mom will not upgrade.)

Yeah it is, Sorry :frown: I figured out the cost of having dial up, and a second line, was more costly than us having broadband. We had two phone lines so we could still get calls if were online. But it was costing us about $65 + to have it that way. Got broadband, and we pay about $40 a month. Plus it's faster, and got rid of the second line.

Back