Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Wii Sports Resort

Mew*

Anyone here get it? I got it today and I think it's really good and worth the cash. I've played only about half of the sports so far and the sword fighting is amazing. It has such great control and reminds me of like using a lightsaber. It really moves how you move thanks to that MotionPlus accessory. Golf is my next favorite since it takes the original and adds highly improved control and courses. Table tennis is a lot like Tennis in the original Wii Sports but it seems harder to me to keep the ball on the table than it was to keep the ball in the court. The game actually reacts differently to backhand swing and such.

Discuss your thoughts on the game.

Yeah it comes with one MotionPlus. The MSRP is $50 USD but watch out since GameStop may charge $55.

If you want to do multiplayer simultaneous, not alternating, you'll need additional MotionPlus attachments which MSRP for $20 USD.

I'd say it's worth the money since it is a great game that comes with the new accessory that I bet (and hope) a lot of new games will make use of or require since it improves the motion controls so much. I did research before I bought it and tons of other people think it's worth it. Plus it has great reviews.

I just keep thinking what the next Zelda will be like... A combination of archery AND sword fighting in one game along with heaven only knows what other cool items they will have? Yes please! :D

Yeah I was thinking the same thing with how the next Zelda could be amazing. Sword fighting and archery are two things it works amazingly well with so it will be awesome.

Also, you could throw bombs like shooting a basketball in Sports Resort lol. Wave bottles around to catch stuff like fairies. The boomerang could be similar to the Frisbee, but I think it might be hard. Who knows.

Yeah, Miyamoto specifically said look to this game to see Wii Zelda. I think this is already the Zelda game we're looking for lol. But yeah, I got it yesterday and I'm loving Swordplay. Most of the games do have a learning and a motion curve though, but once you get it, it's a really fun and enjoyable game with lots of replay value via stamps and multiplayer.

dmaster out.

I got used to Table Tennis and its great. However Basketball and Frisbee give me trouble. In Basketball I can barely make any shots and in Frisbee will take some time to get accurate with.

I want to try the Dogfighting airplanes and VS on canoeing but they're only two player :(... and there's no online.

And did anyone notice that the "canoes" look just like kayaks, but have canoe paddles???

I just keep thinking what the next Zelda will be like... A combination of archery AND sword fighting in one game along with heaven only knows what other cool items they will have? Yes please! :D

Archery to me feels very wierd. I am not sure I like the way it is laid out. I will say that the game is pretty cool and Zelda with some of the controls would be very cool. However, I hope they gave free movement to the characters not just preset moves, no matter what you do as far as swing the Wii-Mote.

I am enjoying the game so far, but as always, I think the game could be much better.

Drew

I got on it release. I love it. So far I have done: Bowling, Golf, Frisbee, Ping Pong, and Archery. Of those Archery is my fav. I am glad though becuase the Golf isn't glitchy for me anymore like it was on Wii Sports. Now if they can get Wi-Fi for this it would truly be epic.

Remember that pretty much all of the first-party products that have the name "Wii" in them are essentially tech demos. Wii Sports was a tech demo for the original motion capture technology. Wii Fit was a tech demo for the balance board. Wii Music is basically a tech demo for the nunchuck/Wiimote interaction. Wii Sports Resort is a tech demo for the Motion Plus. Don't expect particularly deep gameplay or significant options. However, these are generally good party games, the Sports games in particular; short and quick with easy to learn controls with up to 4 players. Play them with that in mind, and you'll enjoy them more.

Back