Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Will the XY TCG era be longer than the BW era?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter994x

IMO, Gen 5 was rushed. I believe that did have some effect on the TCG. However, there is no reason to rush Gen 6 since it's on the 3DS.

So, that brings us to the upcoming XY era. Do you think that the XY era of the TCG will be longer by maybe a year or two? And do you think most, if not all the Pokemon will have at least one XY era card?

I agree. They will be so epic that the definition of epic is more epic than epic ever was before it was even known as epic. How many times did I use the word "epic"?

If the BW era is any indication then I'm actually afraid that they'll never have a card for every single non-Kadabra Pokemon in one rotation/Generation again. They would have to plan it out meticulously and feature all of the Generations equally which is, of course, ridiculous when the bulk of the promotion would be on the 100ish new XY Pokemon, just like how the BW Pokemon got a bunch of cards before any underappreciated Pokemon like Glalie got even their one and only card. And then there were like 150 or so older Pokemon that just didn't exist in the BW era at all.

At this point in time it's extremely difficult to tell whether or not X & Y TCG will go for longer or shorter than the Black & White TCG. All formats go for 3-5 years so even if X & Y goes a little bit shorter or longer, I really doubt we'll notice it or even care.

Gen 3 remake?

WHAT?????

OK, where did that come from? I HIGHLY doubt they'll make a Gen 3 remake :frown: Game or TCG because they've released every Pokemon that made Gen 3 unique and put them in HGSS or Black & White 2. It'll probably be 4-6 years before Pokemon even considers a Gen 3 remake.

OK, where did that come from? I HIGHLY doubt they'll make a Gen 3 remake :frown: Game or TCG because they've released every Pokemon that made Gen 3 unique and put them in HGSS or Black & White 2. It'll probably be 4-6 years before Pokemon even considers a Gen 3 remake.

We're talking about gen 6 right?

Pokemon RubyDiamond, and SapphirePearl anyone? Featuring airports that have planes that fly you across regions?

At this point in time it's extremely difficult to tell whether or not X & Y TCG will go for longer or shorter than the Black & White TCG. All formats go for 3-5 years so even if X & Y goes a little bit shorter or longer, I really doubt we'll notice it or even care.

Actually, BW is the 2nd longest "block" out of all of Pokemon history, next to only the EX / RS "block", which lasted 16 sets. The other "blocks"? HS lasted 4 or 5, depending on where you count CoL. DP lasted 7 sets. Plat lasted 5. E-card lasted either 3 or 4 depending on where you count LC. Neo lasted 4 or 5 depending on where you could LC. Gym lasted 2. Base lasted 5 if you count Base 2. BW has lasted 9 sets, with an additional 2 sets likely before the XY revolution.

Actually, BW is the 2nd longest "block" out of all of Pokemon history, next to only the EX / RS "block", which lasted 16 sets. The other "blocks"? HS lasted 4 or 5, depending on where you count CoL. DP lasted 7 sets. Plat lasted 5. E-card lasted either 3 or 4 depending on where you count LC. Neo lasted 4 or 5 depending on where you could LC. Gym lasted 2. Base lasted 5 if you count Base 2. BW has lasted 9 sets, with an additional 2 sets likely before the XY revolution.

I think they're speaking more to generations then they are to blocks. In the English TCG, both Generation III and Generation IV had exactly 16 sets.

The current generation has far fewer sets, but that's mainly because Generation V is a "filler" generation, for lack of a better term. It was always intended as something to hold us over until XY's arrival. Let me be clear, I'm not saying Gen V is subpar, because it's not, but it was meant to buy time. You can expect Generation VI to be much, much longer.

I hope it goes on for a longer time. That way we can have a Gym Leader set. I like those types of sets. :frown:

I'm really disappointed that we never got that or a World Tournament set(s). God knows if there will ever be another chance to get "Red's ____" and "Blue's ____" cards.

Looking at Japan's release dates, Gen 1 TCG lasted around 3 years, and so did Gen 2 TCG.

So my thinking is, as long as there is a remake game in the generation, then that generations's TCG will have one more year of sets in them.

Gen 3 and 4 have 4 years worth of sets as opposed to 3, because of the remakes.

I'm really disappointed that we never got that or a World Tournament set(s). God knows if there will ever be another chance to get "Red's ____" and "Blue's ____" cards.

Wow I never even thought about the World Tournament. Now that's definitely a letdown.

Was "Platinum" really a separate block? I guess I always considered it to just be the latter half of DP, the same as Emerald was the latter half of Ruby/Sapphire.

Well, you could split the sets in an annual basis starting with Diamond and Pearl.

DIAMOND & PEARL blah blah blah
diamond & pearl BLAH BLAH BLAH
PLATINUM blah blah blah
HS blah blah blah

BLACK & WHITE blah blah blah
black & white BLAH EX BLAH
black & white PLASMA BLAH

Call of legends would be lumped with the HS blah blah blah block, while Boundaries crosed would be lumped in with the black & white PLASMA BLAH block.

Was "Platinum" really a separate block? I guess I always considered it to just be the latter half of DP, the same as Emerald was the latter half of Ruby/Sapphire.

Based solely upon the names of the sets, yes, Platinum really was a separate block.

Diamond and Pearl
DP Mysterious Treasures
DP Secret Wonders
DP Great Encounters
DP Majestic Dawn
DP Legends Awakened
DP Stormfront
Platinum
Plat Rising Rivals
Plat Supreme Victors
Plat Arceus

Status