Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

William Hung's Album "Inspiration"

Nick15

http://www.nick15.com/images/hungalbum.jpg

Have you guys bought it yet? It came out yesterday! I'm so excited about it! ... My record store sold out of it, can you believe it? :D

If you're not aware of it, William Hung is not only a famous American Idol reject, but he's also a well known Pokémon TCG player. Lots of people here know him, and he knows lots of people here as well. He managed to score a record deal, and just released an album called "Inspiration". Fortunatly for me I bought the last copy of it. Good times. (^_^)

With it comes a special DVD about William Hung, which is rather entertaining. There's even a segment about him and the Pokémon TCG (he was reading the Pojo and Poke Beach!). There's a part where he visits his local League, which is the one I run. :) (You'll even see me wandering around in the background taking pictures of him. :p)

Buy the album! Watch the DVD! Enjoy something that could only happen in America! :D :p

Last edited:
He was visiting my site and it's on a DVD?! Oh my gosh, I have to go buy that. This is so cool! I hope he comes to States.

Hey! He wasn't visiting here! :grumble, grumble:

I heard on NPR this morning that he is the number one searched individual on the internet. @_@

Nick15 said:
but he's also a well known Pokémon TCG player.
:eek: *makes note of this and plans to tell everyone he knows to buy the CD* I was thinking about it anyway, but this just seals the deal. Of course, I also need to buy a CD from a friends' brothers' band to. :p

Edit: Oh, and ironically, this is the only American Idol-related CD I'll be buying. Never eally liked the show myself.

Last edited:
Otaku:
Oh, and ironically, this is the only American Idol-related CD I'll be buying. Never eally liked the show myself.

Likewise; I mean I'm buying into a piece of HISTORY here! :D

UncleBob:
I would assume so, I mean if my "hip" music store carried it (and they only care "hip" music), other stores should.

Man i can't believe this is happening! This is like a huge joke that everyone gets except me! What is the appeal of this guy? It was funny at first, but...it just seems like the joke should have died down a while ago.

But it is amazing that this guy gets so lucky. What are the odds of you becoming the latest craze over a few minutes of footage.

Just wait till Eminem writes something about this!

Good luck, Hung!

He was the one who liked Pokemon? Dang, now I'm going to have to put him on PIRN. Now, how come he has a record deal and I don't?

He not only likes Pokemon TCG, but he's good at it too. He took 3rd place at the San Diego City Championships recently; not sure how he did at Los Angeles (have to look it up in the Tourneys forum).

I remember at one of the Mall Tours in Torrance/Del Amo around the time of Team Rocket (I think it was for the ECSTS Qualifiers); he schooled me in the second round (single elim) with a classic Hitmonchan haymaker deck and went on to take 2nd place overall.

My family was watching the American Idol show (I'm not into it that much), and I saw William's face and said, "I know that guy!". My family thought I was joking and I said, "no that's William Hung from Pokemon". The rest is history.

Good Luck to ya William (unless we meet in battle ;) ).
- CHRISBO

"He took 3rd place at the San Diego City Championships recently;"

In his division or overall?

If I were Hung, I'd enjoy it now. He's a fad, not a brand-at least as a singer.

yoshi1001 said:
"He took 3rd place at the San Diego City Championships recently;"

In his division or overall?

If I were Hung, I'd enjoy it now. He's a fad, not a brand-at least as a singer.

There's no reason to rain on someone's parade, you know.
Let him enjoy the experience.

for a singer he isent half bad. Look at me saying that after laughing at a radio station saying his music will be put in an innterigation room and played to make criminals crack and confess thier crimes. I need to pick up his album. Who knows maybe we will be at a pokemon event where i am and i can ask him to sign a copy. :D I heard him sing an R kelly song and i though it was torture but alot of his songs are good,honestly they are.

If you got it, flaunt it! That's what Hung's doing! More power to him for being able to make a few bucks for a fun thing. Besides, you know he's laughing all the way to the bank. ;) Lord knows I'd love to get paid $25,000 to what he's doing! ... You got to admit, he's a very honest and sincere guy, much more than those damned cardboard singers you see on MTV.

... I remember the first time I remember seeing him; I saw him back in the West Coast Stadium Challenge back in July 2002. I even have a picture of how well he did.

http://www.nick15.com/stuff/me/photos/200206151237168.jpg

See, he ranked 9th. I wish I had this paper; this would have been worth something (^_^)

More than just a singer, Mr. Hung is an entertainer!

I hope he does indeed enjoy his success at least as much as his fans are enjoying him.

Have you seen the video on his website where he actually sings the theme song of Pokemon Johto?

You gotta give it to him, someone who can't be embarressed is really blessed, I'm already heavily embarrest when I buy a booster! (for someone 18 years old)

Last edited:
Back